A New Aesthetic QR Code Algorithm Based on Salient Region Detection and SPBVM
Many aesthetic QR code algorithms have been proposed. In this paper, a new aesthetic QR code algorithm, based on salient region detection and Selectable Positive Basis Vector Matrix (SPBVM), is proposed. Firstly, the complexity of texture features are added to calculate the saliency values, based on the existing salient region detection algorithm. According to the saliency map, the important area of the image is preserved for the subsequent beautification operation. Then, the appropriate basis vectors are selected by using the proposed SPBVM according to the acquired salient region, and the salient region is displayed completely by XOR operation which is performed by the generated original QR code and the selected basis vectors. Finally, the aesthetic QR code is obtained by combining the background image and the original QR code. The results show that the pro-posed algorithm can produce more accurate salient area and have more pleasant visual effect.
KeywordsAesthetic QR code RS code Salient region detection Selectable Positive Basis Vector Matrix XOR operation
This work was mainly supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61370218).
- 1.Falcon, A.: 40 gorgeous QR code artworks that rock (2013). http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/qr-code-artworks/. Accessed 3 Mar 2017
- 2.Cox, R.: Qart codes (2012). http://research.swtch.com/qart. Accessed 20 Jan 2017
- 3.Cox, R.: Finite field arithmetic and Reed-Solomon coding (2012). http://research.swtch.com/field. Accessed 20 Jan 2017
- 4.Ono, S., Morinaga, K., Nakayama, S.: Two-dimensional barcode decoration based on real-coded genetic algorithm. In: Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1068–1073. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Baharav, Z., Kakarala, R.: Visually significant QR codes: image blending and statistical analysis. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1–6. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Fujita, K., Kuribayashi, M., Morii, M.: Expansion of image displayable area in design QR code and its applications. In: Proceedings of the Forum on Information Technology Papers, vol. 10(4), pp. 517–520 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Xu, X.Y.: Research on digital rights protection methods in digital publish, pp. 27–32. Hangzhou Dianzi University, Hangzhou (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E.: Digital Image Processing, 3rd edn., pp. 534–540. Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing (2011). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, X., Georganas, N.D.: GLCM texture based fractal method for evaluating fabric surface roughness. In: Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2009, CCECE 2009, pp. 104–107. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Kavitha, C., Rao, B.P., Govardhan, A.: Image retrieval based on color and texture features of the image sub-blocks. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 15(7), 33–37 (2011)Google Scholar