Cost Management Methods in Energy Companies
The paper looks at a comprehensive approach to cost management in the electric power sector aiming at ensuring the achievement of the sector’s strategic goals. The paper highlights a link between the implementation of strategic projects of development of the energy system aimed at building up-to-date infrastructure compliant with world standards and the appearance of a wider range of available cost management methods. The paper studies possibilities for improving cost management systems amid crisis when the lack of financial resources hampers the implementation of big projects. The paper singles out the most prospective applications of predictive analytics in cost management of energy companies.
KeywordsCost management Up-to-date infrastructure Smart grid Predictive analytics Diagnostic maintenance Growth prediction Demand projection
The work was supported by Act 211 Government of the Russian Federation, contract № 02.A03.21.0006.
- 1.Gitelman, L.D., Ratnikov, B.E.: Energy Business, [in Russian]. Delo Publishing House, Moscow (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Kobets, B.B., Volkova, I.O.: Innovation Development of Electric Power Sector Based on SmartGrid Concept [in Russian]. IATs Energiya, Moscow (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Vaynzikher, B.F. (ed.): Electric Power Sector of Russia 2030: Target Vision [in Russian]. Alpina Business Books, Moscow (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.European Technology Platform Smart Grids, Vision and Strategy for Europe’s Electricity Networks of the future; European Commission Directorate-General for Research Information; Communication Unit European Communities; European Communities, http://ec.europa.eu/research/energy/pdf/smartgrids_en.pdf (2006)
- 5.Grids 2030. A national vision for electricity’s second 100 years; Office of Electric Transmission and Distribution of USA Department of Energy. http://www.ferc.gov/eventcalendar/files/20050608125055-grid-2030.pdf (2003)
- 6.Dorofeyev, V.V., Makarov, A.A.: Active adaptive network is Russia’s energy system’s new quality, [in Russian]. Energy Expert. 4(15), 28–34 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Gitelman, L.D., Ratnikov, B.E., Kozhevnikov, M.V.: Demand side management for energy in the region. Economy Region. 2, 71–78 (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Gualtieri, M., Curran R.: The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions, 2015. Online https://www.victa.nl/alteryx/wp-content/uploads/The%20Forrester%20Wave%20Big%20Data%20.pdf
- 9.Mitroshkina, V.: Application of SAS for technical maintenance optimization [in Russian]. Online http://www.it.ru/activity/activities_archive/4021/