Managing Productive Assets of Energy Companies in Periods of Crisis
The development of energy markets encourages energy companies to optimise their productive asset management process. In times of crisis, effective asset management becomes a top-priority issue for energy companies due to limited investment resources for renewal and modernisation. This study reveals the principles of productive asset management systems in energy companies. The formation of asset management systems in international energy companies is analysed. It is illustrated that the asset management process must be integrated into the energy company’s overall strategy. A schematic diagram of productive asset management in energy companies in times of crisis is suggested.
KeywordsAsset management Asset structure Energy company Maintenance Fixed assets Risk management Life cycle
The work was supported by Act 211 Government of the Russian Federation, contract № 02.A03.21.0006.
- 1.Deberdieva, E.M.: The transformation of productive assets structure in oil and gas companies: Preconditions and factors [in Russian]. Manag. Econ. Syst. Elect. Sci. J. 3, (2015.) http://www.uecs.ru/uecs-75-752015/item/3386-2015-03-03-08-07-30
- 2.Petrova, Y.M.: A company working capital management in crisis conditions [in Russian]. J. Econ. Integ. 1, 103–105 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Gubin, V.A.: On instrumental provision of economic system management methodologies in a crisis environment [in Russian]. Polythem. Netw. Elect. Sci. J. Kuban State Agrarian Univ. (KSAU Sci. J.) 2(76), (2012.) http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/ob-instrumentarnom-obespechenii-metodologii-upravleniya-ekonomicheskoy-sistemoy-v-usloviyah-krizisnoy-ugrozy
- 4.Contemporary approaches to asset investments in the energy industry Assessing the demand, limitations, structures and approaches for optimal energy asset investments. (2012). http://www.accenture.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/PDF/Accenture-Contemporary-Approaches-Asset-Investments-Energy-Industry.pdf
- 5.Maslov, A., Frolov, K., Volkova, I.: Analysis of world experience in building asset management systems in energy companies [in Russian]. Energy Mark. 7–8, 31–36 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Asset management: A risk-based approach. http://www2.deloitte.com/cy/en/pages/energy-and-resources/articles/risk-based-approach-benchmark-survey.html
- 7.PAS 55–1:2008. Part 1: Specification for the optimized management of physical assets. http://www.mop.ir/portal/File/ShowFile.aspx?ID=840ee27f-1f65-4f15-a7df-2f25dfc83d51
- 8.Asset management in the utilities industry. http://www.ibm.com/expressadvantage/br/downloads/Asset_management_in_the_utilities_industry.pdf
- 9.Schneider, J., Gaul, A., Neumann, C., Hogräfer, J., Wellbow, W., Schwan, M., Schnettler, A.: Asset management techniques. http://pscc.ee.ethz.ch/uploads/tx_ethpublications/fp1000.pdf
- 10.Gitelman, L.D., Ratnikov, B.E., Kozhevnikov, M.V., Simonov, M.A.: Basics of Energy Companies’ Asset Management: A Practical Guide for Managers [in Russian]. UrFU, Yekaterinburg (2012)Google Scholar