A Concept of Transition to a Technological Regulation System for the Power Industry
A significant contribution to the current level of pollution in the Russian Federation is made by the companies of the energy sector. The transition to a technological regulation system is based on the use of the best available technology (BAT). The concept formation of the transition to BAT is a challenge for the industry. The basis of the concept is the unified approach development, harmonized with the European approaches, Russian practice, and methodological guidelines for BAT identification, which will facilitate informational and technical implementation of BAT in the economic entities of the energy sector. To solve this problem, the authors developed a model for BAT implementation.
The economic expediency evaluation of the technology in a particular industry is an integral part of BAT implementation concept.
KeywordsConcept Power industry Best available technologies Economic effectiveness Ecological effectiveness
- 1.Federal Law № 219 of 21.07.2014. On amendments to the Federal Law “On Environmental Protection” and certain legislative Acts of the Russian Federation. http://www.rg.ru/2014/07/25/eco-dok.html
- 2.The Energy Strategy of Russia for the period until 2030, approved by the Government Decree № 17-15-r of November 13, 2009. http://minenergo.gov.ru/aboutminen/energostrategy
- 3.Directive 2010/75/UE (IED). http://ec.europa.eu/environment/industry/stationary/ied/legislation.htm
- 4.Directive 96/61/EC (IPPC). http://eurlex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do? uri=CELEX:31996L0061:en:html
- 5.Handbook on Best Available Techniques for Large Fuel Combustion Plants (transl.), [in Russian], SE “INVEL”, Moscow (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Economic aspects and impacts on different components of the environment. Reference Document on Best Available Techniques, [in Russian], Project “Harmonisation of environmental standards HES II, Russian” (2006). http://14000.ru/brefs/BREF_ECME.pdf
- 7.Sokornova, T., Koroleva, E., Sergienko, O., Kryazhev, A.: Economic aspects of the BAT implementation, [in Russian], Ecol. Prod. 10, 28–35; 11:44–49 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Berezyuk, M., Rumyantseva, A., Merzlikina, J., Makarova, D.: The development of an ecological-economic substantiation algorithm for BAT selection for companies within the power industry. WIT Trans. Ecol. Environ. 190(2), 1161–1172 (2014) WIT Press, UKGoogle Scholar
- 9.National standard of the Russian federation, [in Russian], Resources saving. Identification methodology. http://docs.cntd.ru/document/gost-r-54097-2010