A Methodical Approach to Assess the Efficiency of Renewable Energy Projects with Regard to Environmental Component
The development level of renewable and alternative energy in the country and in a particular region can be considered as one of the indicators of innovative potential. In Russia, the share of renewable energy in the whole energy industry is relatively small; growth rate is significantly lower than the global average. The paper analyzes problems that hamper development of renewable energy in Russia, considers methodical approaches to evaluating effectiveness of renewable projects, and concludes on the necessity of their development. Actually, renewable energy projects are environmental and energy-saving. This fact allows us to use existing instruments of evaluation of energy-saving and environmental measures’ effectiveness in assessing the efficiency of renewable projects. Based on this approach, we tried to integrally assess the efficiency of a bioenergy project which uses livestock waste.
KeywordsImplementation of renewable projects Energy-saving projects Environmental measures Integrated assessment of the efficiency
The work was supported by Act 211 Government of the Russian Federation, contract № 02.A03.21.0006.
- 1.Smil, V.: Energy Transitions. History, Requirements, Prospects. Praeger, Santa Barbara (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Bezrukih, P.P., Karabanov, S.M.: Role of renewable energy in Russian industry modernization. Business Pride Russia. 5-1(48), 40–42 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Decree of the Government of RF on January 08 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Renewable energy in Russia. From possibilities to reality. OECD/IEA (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Strategy of fuel-energy complex development in Sverdlovsk region by 2020. http://pandiaweb.ru/text/78/502/98534.php
- 6.Low-carbon future for Sverdlovsk region. Urals environmental council, Yekaterinburg (2012). http://rusecounion.ru/sites/default/files/UES_48.pdf
- 7.Semionov, V.N.: Analysis and assessment of economical and environmental efficiency of energy-saving project sin the system of essential service sofa municipal unit. Bull. Kazan State Univ. Arch. Construct. 1(13), 380–384 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Telyashova, V.S., Kosmatov, E.M.: Methods of Efficiency Assessment and Stimulation of Innovative Energy-Saving Technologies in Power Generation and Transportation. Saint-Petersburg State Polytechnic University, Saint-Petersburg (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Business-plan for investment project of BGU Alapaevsk. LLC AlBIOt, Yekaterinburg (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.The official website of Ministry of Agriculture and Food Supplies of Sverdlovsk Region. http://mcxso.midural.ru/paper/show/id/105