Comparing Nested Sequences of Leja and PseudoGauss Points to Interpolate in 1D and Solve the Schroedinger Equation in 9D
- 378 Downloads
In this article, we use nested sets of weighted Leja points, which have previously been studied as interpolation points, as collocation points to solve a 9D vibrational Schroedinger equation. Collocation has the advantage that it obviates the need to compute integrals with quadrature. A multi-dimension sparse grid is built from the Leja points and Hermite-type basis functions by restricting sparse grid levels i c using ∑ c g c (i c ) ≤ H, where g c (i c ) is a non-decreasing function and H is a parameter that controls the accuracy. Results obtained with Leja points are compared to those obtained with PseudoGauss points. PseudoGauss points are also nested. They are chosen to improve the accuracy of the Gram matrix. With both Leja and PseudoGauss points it is possible to add one point per level. We also compare Lebesgue constants for weighted Leja and PseudoGauss points.
KeywordsNested Sequence Lebesgue Constants Sparse Grid Leja Points Interpolation Points
Research reported in this article was funded by The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada and the DFG via project GR 1144/21-1. We are grateful for important discussions about Leja points with Peter Jantsch.
- 1.E. Anderson, Z. Bai, C. Bischof, S. Blackford, J. Demmel, J. Dongarra, J. Du Croz, A. Greenbaum, S. Hammarling, A. McKenney, D. Sorensen, LAPACK Users’ Guide, 3rd edn. (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Philadelphia, 1999). ISBN: 0-89871-447-8 (paperback)Google Scholar
- 13.T. Carrington Jr., Perspective: computing (ro-) vibrational spectra of molecules with more than four atoms. J. Chem. Phys. 146(12), 120902 (2017)Google Scholar
- 15.S. Damelin, The weighted Lebesgue constant of Lagrange interpolation for exponential weights on [− 1, 1]. Acta Math. Hungar. 81, 223–240 (1998)Google Scholar
- 20.B.A. Ibrahimoglu, Lebesgue functions and Lebesgue constants in polynomial interpolation. J. Inequal. Appl. 2016(1), 93 (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.P. Jantsch, C.G. Webster, G. Zhang, On the Lebesgue constant of weighted Leja points for Lagrange interpolation on unbounded domains (2016). arXiv preprint arXiv:1606.07093Google Scholar
- 22.H. Koeppel, W. Domcke, L.S. Cederbaum, Multimode molecular dynamics beyond the Born Oppenheimer approximation. Adv. Chem. Phys. 57, 59–246 (1984)Google Scholar
- 27.J.C. Light, T. Carrington Jr., Discrete-variable representations and their utilization. Adv. Chem. Phys. 114, 263–310 (2000)Google Scholar
- 35.T. Rowan, The subplex method for unconstrained optimization. Dissertation Ph.D. thesis, Department of Computer Sciences, University of Texas, 1990Google Scholar
- 45.E.B. Wilson Jr., J.C. Decius, P.C. Cross, Molecular Vibrations: The Theory of Infrared and Raman Vibrational Spectra (Dover, New York, 2000)Google Scholar