Making Use of a Smart Fog Hub to Develop New Services in Airports
The EC H2020 mF2C Project aims at developing a software framework that enables the orchestration of resources and communication at Fog level, as an extension of Cloud Computing and interacting with the IoT. In order to show the project functionalities and added-values three real world Use Cases have been chosen. This paper introduces the mF2C Use case 3: Smart Fog Hub Service (SFHS), in the context of an airport, with the objective of proving that great potential value and different business opportunities can be created in physical environments with a great concentration of smart objects, to showcase the wide range of scenarios on which mF2C can impact, validate the project in industrial events and determine a massive interest of relevant stakeholders.
KeywordsCloud computing Fog Computing Fog-to-cloud Distributed systems IoT B2B Airports
This work is supported by the H2020 mF2C project (730929).
- 1.Gartner Press Release, (Egham, UK) (2017). http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3598917
- 2.IATA, IATA Forecasts Passenger Demand to Double Over 20 Years, (Geneva, CH) (2016). http://www.iata.org/pressroom/pr/Pages/2016-10-18-02.aspx
- 3.Bonomi, F., et al.: Fog computing and its role in the internet of things. In: Proceedings of the First Edition of the MCC Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing (Helsinki, Finland) (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Open Fog Consortium, “OpenFog Reference Architecture for Fog Computing”. https://www.openfogconsortium.org/ra/
- 5.McKinsey Global Institute, “The Internet of Things: mapping the value” (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.ICT-06-2016 RIA 730929 - mF2C Proposal-SEP-210346729, mF2C project. http://www.mf2c-project.eu
- 7.Politecnico di Milano: Mobile B2C Strategy, (Milan, Italy) (2017)Google Scholar