A Study of Design Model for IoT System
A large amount of information is not always appealing to tourists. We developed a new application using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons that not only provides a guide to a specific location but also provides the traditional customs and history of the area as an easter egg. In this paper, we discuss a system development process for IoT system of development of our sightseeing support system for IoT system. We extract the development model that is suitable for developing a service that uses devices embedded in environment and maintaining it.
KeywordsLocation-based service Embedded system BLE beacon Sightseeing support application System development model World cultural heritage Zeigarnik effect
We would like to express special thanks to Mr. Funakoshi (Nikko Tourism Association), Mr. Takamura and Mr. Yoshida (Hatsuishi-kai: An association of Nikko shopping streets), Mr. Nakagawa (Kounritsuin Temple). This research was performed as a SCOPE (Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Programme)  project funded by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC) in Japan.
- 1.Hiramatsu, Y., Sato, F., Ito, A., Hatano, H., Sato, M., Watanabe, Y., Sasaki, A.: Designing mobile application to motivate young people to visit cultural heritage sites. Int. J. Soc. Behav. Educ. Econ. Bus. Ind. Eng. 11(1), 121–128 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Nikko City Official Homepage: Tourist Information. http://www.city.nikko.lg.jp.e.tj.hp.transer.com. Accessed 31 May 2017
- 3.Zeigarnik, B.V.: On finished and unfinished tasks. In: Ellis, W.D. (ed.) A Sourcebook of Gestalt Psychology. Humanities Press, New York (1967)Google Scholar
- 4.Hori, M., Miyajima, H., Inukai, Y., Oguni, K.: Agent simulation for prediction of post-earthquake mass evacuation. J. Jpn. Soc. Civ. Eng. A 64(4), 1017–1036 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications: Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Programme. http://www.soumu.go.jp/main_sosiki/joho_tsusin/scope/. Accessed 31 May 2017