Best Speech Enhancement Estimator in the Frequency Domain
This chapter gives a fresh perspective on the best speech enhancement estimator in the frequency domain. We consider the general nonlinear case. In the first part, we deal with the single-channel scenario, where an example is studied with gamma distributions and a best quadratic estimator is derived. Then, in the second part, we focus on the multichannel scenario.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Benesty, J. Chen, Y. Huang, and I. Cohen, Noise Reduction in Speech Processing. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2009.Google Scholar
- 2.P. Loizou, Speech Enhancement: Theory and Practice. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Benesty, J. Chen, and E. Habets, Speech Enhancement in the STFT Domain. Springer Briefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Weiss, P. T. Holmes, and M. Hardy, A Course in Probability. Boston: Addison-Wesley, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Steyer, “Conditional expectations: an introduction to the concept and its applications in empirical sciences,” Methodika, vol. 2, issue 1, pp. 53–78, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Martin, “Speech enhancement using MMSE short time spectral estimation with gamma distributed speech priors,” in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, 2002, pp. I-253–I-256.Google Scholar
- 8.R. C. Hendriks, J. S. Erkelens, J. Jensen, and R. Heusdens, “Minimum mean-square error amplitude estimators for speech enhancement under the generalized gamma distribution,” in Proc. IWAENC, 2006.Google Scholar
- 9.J. S. Erkelens, R. C. Hendriks, R. Heusdens, and J. Jensen, “Minimum mean-square error estimation of discrete Fourier coefficients with generalized gamma priors,” IEEE Trans. Audio, Speech, Language Process., vol. 15, pp. 1741–1752, Aug. 2007.Google Scholar
- 10.B. Fodor and T. Fingscheidt, “MMSE speech enhancement under speech presence uncertainty assuming (generalized) gamma speech priors throughout,” in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, 2012, pp. 4033–4036.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Benesty, J. Chen, and Y. Huang, Microphone Array Signal Processing. Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag, 2008.Google Scholar