The Assessment of Vibroacoustic Comfort in Trams on the Basis of Experimental Studies and Surveys
The paper presents selected results of the survey conducted among passengers who use public trams. Apart from that, it discusses the results of real tests carried out in these vehicles. The surveys and experiments conducted for the study concerned the assessment of vibroacoustic climate in trams during the ride. The subject discussed in this work is related to ecology and promotion of urban public transport as an alternative to private transport. The aim of the analysis was a subjective and actual (based on measurements) assessment of noise and vibration in trams during the ride.
KeywordsSurveys Ride comfort Noise and vibrations in a tram
Presented research and the paper are partly funded by Statutory Activities fund of the Institute of Combustion Engines and Transport, PUT (PL)5/52/DSPB/0247.
- 1.Wolański M, Karolak A, Pieróg M, Mazur B, Mikiel P (2016) Report on the State of Public Transport in Poland in 2009–2015. Economic Chamber of Urban Transport, Warsaw (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 2.Kowalski M (2012) Comparison of selected types of low-floor trams in terms of ride comfort. Engineer Thesis, Poznań University of Technology, Poznań (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 3.Thiem J, Mikołajczyk M, Maćkowiak A, Kempa B, Popławski M, Thiem J (2014) The plan of sustainable development of public transport in Poznań for 2014–2025. Public Information Bulletin Poznań City Hall, Poznań (in Polish). The online statement www.bip.poznan
- 4.Orczyk M (2013) The analysis and assessment of communication noise through example of Poznań city. Sci Pap Warsaw Univ Technol Ser “Transp” 98:499–507 (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Central Statistical Office (2014) Statistical Yearbook 2015, WarsawGoogle Scholar
- 6.Annual Report MPK (2015) The online statement www.mpk.pl
- 7.PN-EN 12299 (2009) Railway applications—ride comfort for passengers—measurement and evaluation Google Scholar
- 8.PN-EN ISO 3381 (2011) Railway applications—acoustics—measurement of noise inside railbound vehiclesGoogle Scholar
- 9.Orczyk M, Tomaszewski F, Czechyra B, Szymasnki MG (2016) Assessment of noise inside a tram during a ride and at a standstill. In: Materials the 23rd international congress on sound & vibration, Athens, Greece 10–14 July 2016Google Scholar