Modelling Kinetics of Dynamic Crack Propagation in a Gas Mains Pipe as Cyclic Random Process
The approach to the mathematical analysis of fracture toughness of the gas mains steel is proposed, which allows obtaining informative features of the quantitative evaluation of the dynamic pipe fracture kinetics, taking into account the stochastic and cyclic nature of the process. It creates the possibility to model the kinetics of crack propagation in the gas mains pipe and analyzing individual stages of its growth.
KeywordsModel Cyclic random process Dynamic pipe fracture Crack propagation rate
- 2.Oikonomidis, F., Shterenlikht, A., Truman, C.E.: Prediction of crack propagation and arrest in X100 natural gas transmission pipelines with the strain rate dependent damage model (SRDD). Part 1: a novel specimen for the measurement of high strain rate fracture properties and validation of the SRDD model parameters. Int. J. Press. Vessels Pip. 105–106, 60–68 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 3.Oikonomidis, F., Shterenlikht, A., Truman, C.E.: Prediction of crack propagation and arrest in X100 natural gas transmission pipelines with a strain rate dependent damage model (SRDD). Part 2: Large scale pipe models with gas depressurization. Int. J. Press. Vessels Pip. 122, 15–21 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Botros, K.K., Geerligs, J., Rothwell, B., Carlson, L., Fletcher, L., Venton, P.: Transferability of decompression wave speed measured by a small-diameter shock tube to full size pipelines and implications for determining required fracture propagation resistance. Int. J. Press. Vessels Pip. 87(12), 681–695 (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Lytvynenko, I.V.: Method of the quadratic interpolation of the discrete rhythm function of the cyclical signal with a defined segment structure. J. Ternopil Nat. Tech. Univ. 84(4), 131–138 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.Lytvynenko, I.V., Maruschak, P.O., Poberezhnyi, L.Y., Baran, D.Y.: Analysis of kinetics of dynamic crack propagation in a gas mains pipe as cyclic random process. In: Proceedings of the International Science and Technology Conference “Oil and Gas Power Engineering – 2017”, 15–19 May, Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas, pp. 379–382 (2017). (in Ukrainian)Google Scholar