Three-Way Massive MIMO Relaying with Successive Cancelation Decoding
- 565 Downloads
In this paper, we propose a novel transmission scheme for a three-way massive multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) relay network where three users exchange their data with the help of a decode-and-forward relay station equipped with a very large antenna array. Our proposed scheme needs only two time-slots for the information exchange. More precisely, the three users first send their symbols to the relay. Then, the relay uses the maximum-ratio combining technique to decode all transmitted symbols and simultaneously transmits these symbols to all three users. Each user applies successive cancelation decoding to decode symbols transmitted from other users. We study the sum spectral efficiency of our proposed transmission protocol. We show that the sum spectral efficiency of our proposed scheme increases noticeably compared to the one of the conventional scheme where three time-slots are required to exchange data among the three users, without increasing the system complexity.
KeywordsDecode-and-forward Maximum-ratio combining Multi-way relay massive MIMO Successive cancelation decoding
This work was supported by project no. 3811/QD-UBND, Binh Duong government, Vietnam. The work of H. Q. Ngo was supported by the Swedish Research Council (VR) and ELLIIT.
- 3.Amah, A., Klein, A.: Non-regenerative multi-way relaying with linear beamforming. In: Proceedings of IEEE PIMRC, pp. 1843–1847, September 2009Google Scholar
- 6.Ngo, H.Q., Larsson, E.G.: Spectral efficiency of the multipair two-way relay channel with massive arrays. In: Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, pp. 275–279, November 2013Google Scholar
- 9.Amarasuriya, G., Poor, H.V.: Multi-way amplify-and-forward relay networks with massive MIMO. In: Proceedings of IEEE PIMRC, pp. 595–600, September 2014Google Scholar
- 10.Ho, C.D., Ngo, H.Q., Matthaiou, M., Duong, T.Q.: On the performance of zero-forcing processing in multi-way massive MIMO relay networks. IEEE Commun. Lett. (2017, to appear)Google Scholar
- 11.Ho, C., Ngo, H.Q., Matthaiou, M., Duong, T.Q.: Multi-way massive MIMO relay networks with maximum-ratio processing. In: Proceedings of IEEE SigTelCom, pp. 124–128, January 2017Google Scholar