Evaluation on UiTiOt Container-Based Emulation Testbed
- 576 Downloads
In this paper, we present a container-based emulation testbed, namely UiTiOt. The testbed integrated a well-known wireless emulation tool called QOMET to imitate the wireless network models over established wired network. Our testbed was developed based on a state-of-the-art technology called container-based virtualization. With our proposed design, we aim to provide researcher with the capability of running large-scale wireless/IoT experiments at affordable cost. Therefore, we did an insightful evaluation to ensure the feasibility and accuracy of the implementation of UiTiOt testbed. The evaluation includes several test-cases with different network topologies and routing protocols.
KeywordsNetwork architectures Network evaluation Container-based emulation Network testbed
This research is funded and supported by Department of Science & Technology Ho Chi Minh City, under the contract number: 48/2015/HĐ-SKHCN.
- 1.Gartner.com, 10 November 2015. http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3165317. Accessed 13 April 2017
- 2.Beuran, R., Nguyen, L.T., Miyachi, T., Nakata, J., Chinen, K., Tan, Y., Shinoda, Y.: QOMB: a wireless network emulation testbed. In: Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM 2009. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Chuong, D.L.B., Trong, N.L., Le-Trung, Q.: UiTiOt: a container-based network emulation testbed. In: Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on Machine Learning and Soft Computing (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, H., Zhou, H., Zhang, H., Feng, B.: EmuStack: an openstack-based DTN network emulation platform. In: 2016 International Conference on Networking and Network Applications (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Miyachi, T., Chinen, K., Shinoda, Y.: StarBED and SpringOS: large-scale general purpose network testbed and supporting software. In: Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodolgies and Tools (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Le-Trung, Q.: Towards an IoT network testbed emulated over OpenStack cloud infrastructure. In: Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Telecommunications and Computing (SigTelCom) (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Razvan, B., Nakata, J., Okada, T., Tan, Y., Lan Tien, N., Yoichi, S.: A multi-purpose wireless network emulator: Qomet. In: 22nd International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications-Workshops, AINAW 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Xavier, M.G., Neves, M.V., Rossi, F.D., Ferreto, T.C., Lange, T., De Rose, C.A.: Performance evaluation of container-based virtualization for high performance computing environments (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Merkel, D.: Docker: lightweight Linux containers for consistent development and deployment. Linux J. 2014, 2 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Tirumala, A., Qin, F., Dugan, J., Ferguson, J., Gibbs, K.: iPerf - The ultimate speed test tool for TCP, UDP and SCTP (2005). https://iperf.fr. Accessed 25 Feb 2017