Toward a Real-Time Development and Deployment of IoTs Application for Smart Garden on OpenStack Cloud
- 595 Downloads
While lots of Internet of Things (IoTs) applications have been designed and implemented for many areas, especially for the ambient-assisted living domain, real-time development and deployment of those IoTs applications have still been an open issue. This paper focuses on such an open issue through our developed web-based IoTs application for a smart garden, be integrated into and managed via the OpenStack Infrastructure at University of Information Technology (UiT). An intelligent model applying fuzzy logic to process measured data for the smart garden, has also developed to give useful information on keeping plants growing, monitoring, and taking care of plants more easily and effectively. Load-balance network architecture on cloud is used to deal with the scalability, availability of the deployed system.
KeywordsWireless sensor network Smart model Fuzzy logic controller Smart garden TinyOS Collection Tree Protocol
This research is funded by Vietnam National University HoChiMinh City (VNU-HCM) under grant number C2016-26-01/HĐ-KHCN.
- 3.Bajceta, M., Sekulic, P., Krstajic, B., Djukanovic, S., Popovic, T.: A private IoT cloud platform for precision agriculture and ecological monitoring. In: International Conference on Electrical, Electronic and Computing Engineering (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Na, A., Isaac, W., Varshney, S., Khan, E.: An IoT based system for remote monitoring of soil characteristics In: 2016 International Conference on Information Technology (InCITe) - The Next Generation IT Summit on the Theme - Internet of Things: Connect Your Worlds, pp. 316–320 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Kuruva, H., Sravani, B.: Remote plant watering and monitoring system based on IOT. Int. J. Technol. Res. Eng. 4, 668–671 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Mehta, A., Patel, S.: IOT based smart agriculture research opportunities and challenges. Int. J. Technol. Res. Eng. 4, 541–543 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Gay, D., Levis, P., Behren, R.V., Welsh, M., Brewer, E., Culler, D.: The nesC language: a holistic approach to networked embedded systems. In: Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN 2003 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, vol. 38, pp. 1–11 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Sharma, D., Verma, S., Sharma, K.: Network topologies in wireless sensor networks: a review. IJECT 4, 93–97 (2013)Google Scholar