Printing an Image
To print a digital image on paper, we use a subtractive-colour device. This works in a CMYK colour space inverse to RGB and needs halftoning methods. The colour gamut of print differs somewhat from a display gamut. Location resolution is determined by dot pitch within pixel pitch. Viewing a printout is similar to viewing a display.
- 1.Idealalliance SWOP. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specifications_for_Web_Offset_Publications
- 2.Ulichney R (1987) Digital halftoning. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 3.Parkin A (2016) Digital imaging primer. Springer, HeidelbergGoogle Scholar
- 4.CMYK color model. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CMYK_color_model
- 5.Bass M et al (2010) Handbook of optics, vol 3, 3rd edn. Vision. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar