Parallel Graph Algorithms
We investigate methods for parallel algorithm design with emphasis on graph algorithms in this chapter. Shared memory and distributed memory parallel processing are the two fundamental models at hardware, operating system, programming, and algorithmic levels of parallel computation. We review these methods and describe static and dynamic load balancing in parallel computing systems.
- 1.Belloch G (2015) Algorithm design: parallel and sequential, Draft bookGoogle Scholar
- 5.Gantt HL (1910) Work, wages and profit, The engineering magazine, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Karypis G, Kumar V (1995) Multilevel k-way partitioning scheme for irregular graphs. Technical Report TR 95-064, Department of Computer Science, University of MinnesotaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Karypis G, Kumar V (1997) A coarse-grain parallel formulation of multilevel k-way graph partitioning algorithm. In: 8th SIAM conference on parallel processing for scientific computingGoogle Scholar
- 13.POSIX.1 FAQ. The open group, 5 Oct 2011Google Scholar
- 15.Quinn M (2003) Parallel programming in C with MPI and OpenMP, 1st edn. McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math, New YorkGoogle Scholar