Introduction and Implementation of a Multi-leveled E-learning Environment Based on the Open Content Development Model Principles
In our paper we introduce a new multi-leveled e-learning environment, called Sysbook. It is an open-access surface, available on the internet for any users. Its main topic covers the field of systems and control, some mathematical and even philosophical sciences. The purpose of the Sysbook is to present systems and controls on different levels, addressing readers of different backgrounds and interests. There are four surfaces (levels): “Comics”, “What we are talking about”, “Control course” and “Mathematical representations, examples”. In the same time two of them are displayed on the screen. These surfaces are extended with case studies for different fields and a student area where the users can also contribute. We would like to show that this conception can also be used in other fields of interest.
KeywordsMulti-level E-learning Environment Systems Control
This work was supported partly by the fund of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences for Control Research and for Open Educational Content Development and partly by the ÚNKP-16-2-I. New National Excellence Program of the Ministry of Human Capacities.
- 1.Benedek, A., Molnár, G.: New approaches to the e-content and e-textbook in higher education. In: Gómez Chova, L., López Martínez, A., Candel Torres, I. (eds.) INTED2015 Proceedings: 9th International Technology, Education and Development Conference, Madrid, Spain, International Academy of Technology, Education and Development (IATED), pp. 3646–3650 (2015). ISBN: 978-84-606-5763-7Google Scholar
- 2.Sysbook website. http://sysbook.sztaki.hu. Accessed 22 May 2017
- 3.Vámos, T., Bokor, J., Hangos, K.: Systems - governing principles and multimedia/CD/. In: 14th IFAC World Congress, Beijing, China, PT-5, p. 79. Plenary Lecture (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Benedek, A., Horváth, J.Cz.: Case studies in teaching system’s thinking. In: Huba, M., Rossiter, A. (eds.) 11th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Control Education (ACE 2016), Bratislava, Slovakia, Preprints, IFAC, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 286–290 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Vámos, T., Bars, R., Sik, D.: Bird’s eye view on systems and control – general view and case studies. In: 11th IFAC Symposium on Advances in Control Education (ACE 2016), Bratislava, Slovakia, IFAC-PapersOnline, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 274–279 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Sysbook case studies. http://sysbook.sztaki.hu/esettanulmanyok_en.php. Accessed 22 May 2017
- 7.PHP website. http://php.net. Accessed 22 May 2017
- 8.MathJAX website. http://www.mathjax.org. Accessed 22 May 2017
- 9.LATEX website. https://www.latex-project.org/. Accessed 22 May 2017
- 10.TinyMCE website. https://www.tinymce.com/. Accessed 22 May 2017