Experiences with the Use of Pocket Labs in Engineering Education
This paper describes the two-year experience at CUAS regarding the use of Pocket Labs, which are small, portable pieces of hardware, combined with free or affordable software, thus enabling students to be free in place and time for carrying out laboratory exercises. Results from evaluation questionnaires show that Pocket Labs are widely accepted by students, especially time flexibility is an important issue for evening students.
KeywordsPocket Labs NI myDAQ Raspberry Pi Electrical engineering Image processing
- 1.Pester, A., Klinger, T.: “Analog computing with Pocket Labs,” Experiment@ International Conference (exp.at 2017), Faro (2017, submitted)Google Scholar
- 2.Klinger, T., et al.: Parallel use of remote labs and Pocket Labs. In: 14th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation (REV2017), New York (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Madritsch, C., et al.: Using Pocket Labs in master degree programs. In: 19th International Conference on Interactice Collaborative Learning (ICL 2016), Belfast, UK (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Klinger, T., Madritsch, C.: Collaborative learning using Pocket Labs. In: International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication, Technologies and Learning (IMCL 2015), Thessaloniki, Greece (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Klinger, T., Madritsch, C.: Use of virtual and Pocket Labs in education. In: 13th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation (REV 2016), Madrid, Spain (2016)Google Scholar