A New Concept of Fuzzy TOPSIS and Fuzzy Logic in a Multi-criteria Decision
In reality, humans usually uncertainty or vague in expressing their preference or votes based on crisp number or scale. Much of the information on which decision are based is uncertain, the methods can be used to support the system’s decision is to use Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making (FMCDM). This method was chosen because it can selecting the best alternative from a number of alternatives Criteria. Fuzzy Multi-Criteria Decision Making (FMCDM) is a method of decision-making to determine the best alternative from a number of alternatives based on certain criteria. The criteria usually in the form of action, rules or standards used in decision making. The lack of capability to handle vagueness in the decision making, has been main weakness of Fuzzy TOPSIS. Thus, the purpose of this paper is to introduce Fuzzy TOPSIS and z-number to several criteria fuzzy group decision making (FMCDM). Fuzzy TOPSIS is used to determine the alternative most suitable in relation to different selection criteria and z-number to present experts reability, this method can choose the best alternative from a number of alternatives based on some specific criteria. A numerical example on FMCDM is used to describe the efficiency of the proposed method.
KeywordsFuzzy TOPSIS Z-number Multi-criteria decision-making
This research is supported by Dana Penyelidikan Universiti UNISZA/2016/DPU/10, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin. This support is gratefully acknowledged.
- 1.Syibrah, N., Hani, H.: A general type-2 fuzzy logic based approach for multi-criteria group decision making. In: IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 353–358 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Zadeh, L.A.: The concept of a linguistic variable and its application approximate reasoning, Part 1, 2, and Part 3. Inf. Sci. 8, 199–249 (1975); Inf. Sci. 8, 301–357 (1975); Inf. Sci. 9, 43–58 (1975)Google Scholar
- 7.Abdullah, L., Sunadia, J., Imran, T.: A new analytic hierarchy process in multi-attribute group decision making. Int. J. Soft Comput. 4, 208–2014 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Schneider, E.R.F.A., Krohling, R.A.: A hybrid approach using TOPSIS differential evolution, and Tabu Search to find multiple solutions of constrained non-linear integer optimization problems. Expert Syst. Appl. 62, 47–56 (2014)Google Scholar
- 14.Aliev, R.A., Zeinalova, L.M.: Decision making under Z-Information. In: Human-Centric Decision-Making Models, vol. 502, pp. 233–252 (2013)Google Scholar
- 17.Kauffman, A., Gupta, M.M.: Introduction to Fuzzy Arithmetic: Theory and Application. Van Nostrand-Reinhold, NY (1985)Google Scholar
- 19.Kang, B., Wei, D., Li, Y., Deng, Y.: Decision making using Z-numbers under uncertain environment. J. Comput. Inf. Syst. 8, 2807–2814 (2012)Google Scholar