Mitigating Manual Final Year Project (FYP) Management to Be Centralized Electronically
Academic structure for bachelor degree in Malaysia universities consists of Final Year Project (FYP). Unfortunately, the management of the FYP is implemented manually or not fully utilizing an integrated computer system. It results in slower implementation of the FYP and inaccurate marks for the project’s evaluation. This article proposes a new approach for solving the above stated problems named FYP Management System. The approach is tested using real dataset of University Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia’s (UTHM) students and lecturers. As a user satisfaction measure, 92.3% users have acknowledge FYP Management System has assisted them in managing student’s project while 95.6% users have recognized this approach has accelerated FYP grading process.
KeywordsFinal Year Project (FYP) Project management system effectiveness
This work is supported by Tier 1 Grant, Vote Number U897, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM).
- 1.Halim, M.A., Buniyamin, N., Imazawa, A., Naoe, N., Ito, M.: The role of Final Year Project and Capstone Project in undergraduate engineering education in Malaysia and Japan. In: 2014 IEEE 6th Conference on Engineering Education (ICEED), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, UTHM. http://fkmp.uthm.edu.my/mypsm (2017)
- 3.Leung, C.H., Lai, C.L., Yuan, T.K., Pang, W.M., Tang, J.K., Ho, W.S., Huang, D.: The development of a final year project management system for information technology programmes. In: Technology in Education. Transforming Educational Practices with Technology: International Conference, ICTE 2014, Hong Kong, China, 2–4 July 2014. Revised Selected Papers, vol. 494, p. 86. Springer (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Nagar, A.R., Anouar, J.: Method and system for handling program, project and asset scheduling management. U.S. Patent No. 8,738,414 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Callista, A., Fiona, F.: Development of a data management system for students’ final year projects case study: Department of Information Systems. Seminar Nasional Informatika (SEMNASIF), vol. 1, no. 5 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, UM. http://ilmiah.fsktm.um.edu.my (2017)