The Environmental and Technological Evaluation of Dyed DSSC Cells Production
The growing demand for electricity and decreasing fossil fuels resources are a driving factors for research on the technologies that use renewable sources of energy. Solutions that allow using photo-conversion, processing solar energy into electricity are currently going through dynamic development. It could be stated that during the operation phase photovoltaic modules are wastes-free technology, but production and processing after withdrawn from exploration are sources of different sorts of wastes. One of the best solution that gather focuses from scientists are dye-based photovoltaic cells DSSC. During the last decade, many researches gave many specific results that can be used in optimization of this technology. This manuscript discusses a method to expand the lifetime of the module, method to maximize its efficiency as well as reducing the amount of waste during production, use and final waste stage. Natural alternative materials which are possible to apply with current DSSC production technologies and modifications to each individual component of the photovoltaic cell are shown as well.
KeywordsSolar cell DSSC Photovoltaic
The studies presented in this article was conducted within the project GEKON2/O4/266475/6/2015 “Isothermal and refrigeration photovoltaic car body” funded by the National Centre for Research and Development.
- 1.Khan, M.Z.H., Al-Mamun, M.R., Halder, P.K., Aziz, M.A.: Performance improvement of modified dye-sensitized solar cells. Renew. Sustain. Energ. Rev. 71, (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Amiria, O., Salavati-Niasaria, M., Farangib, M., Mazaheric, M., Bagheri, S.: Stable plasmonic-improved dye sensitized solar cells by silver nanoparticles between titanium dioxide layers. Electrochim. Acta. 152, (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Park, K., Zhang, Q., Garcia, B.B., Zhou, X., Jeong, Y.-H., Cao, G.: Effect of an ultrathin TiO(2) layer coated on submicrometer-sized ZnO nanocrystallite aggregates by atomic layer deposition on the performance of dye-sensitized solar cells. Adv. Mater. 22, 2329–2332 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1002/adma.200903219 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Gong, J., Sumathy, K., Qiao, Q., Zhou Z.: Review on dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs): advanced techniques and research trends. Renew. Sustain. Energ. Rev. 68(1), (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, L., Liang, M., Zhang, Y., Cheng, F., Wang, X., Sun, Z., et al.: Influence of donor and bridgestructure in D-A–π–A indolinedyes on the photovoltaicproperties of dyesensitizedsolarcellsemployingiodine/cobaltelectrolyte. Dye Pigment 101, 270–279 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dyepig.2013.10.016 CrossRefGoogle Scholar