The Effects of Biomass Transport Between Plantation and Industrial Facility on Energy Efficiency of Biofuel Production System
Production of biofuels requires transportation of substantial amounts of biomass between plantations and industrial facilities that converts this biomass onto biofuel. This transport might strongly affect energetic effectiveness of the whole production system. Basing on computer model, developed in our earlier works, the contributions of the energy consumed in various transport solutions are analyzed, and their effects on the energy efficiency are estimated. The dependencies of the energy efficiency upon technical characteristics of transportation means are shown for several solutions of production organization. Conclusions suggest optimal choices of transportation means, and transport organization as dependent upon the type and the size of a plantation.
KeywordsBiofuel Biomass Production system Energy efficiency
The research have been performed under financial support from Bialystok University of Technology. Statutory Research Project S/WZ/1/2015.
- 3.Bharathiraja, B., Chakravarthy, M., Ranjith Kumar, R., Yuvaraj, D., Jayamuthunagai, J., Praveen Kumar, R., Palani, S.: Biodiesel production using chemical and biological methods—a review of process, catalyst, acylacceptor, source and process variables. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 38, 368–382 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Wasiak, A., Orynycz, O.: Formulation of a model for energetic efficiency of agricultural subsystem of biofuel production. In: IEEE International Energy Conference: ENERGYCON’2014 Croatia, pp. 1333–1337 (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Wasiak, A., Orynycz, O.: The effects of energy contributions into subsidiary processes on energetic efficiency of biomass plantation supplying biofuel production system. Agric. Agric. Sci. Proced. 7, 292–300 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Wasiak. A., Orynycz. O.: Modelling of the dependence of energetic efficiency of biomass plantations upon energy fluxes going into subsidiary processes accompanying biomass production. In: EUBCE, 23rd European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, 1–4 June, pp. 289–293 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Wasiak, A.: The effect of biofuel production on sustainability of agriculture. Biol. Syst. Open Access 5 (2016). 17.4172/2329-6577.1000171
- 13.Świć, A., Zubrzycki, J., Taranenko, V.: Modelling and systemic analysis of models of dynamic systems of shaft machining. In: 11th International Conference on Industrial, Service and Humanoid Robotics (ROBTEP 2012), Strbske Pleso, Slovakia, pp. 211–220 (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Zubrzycki, J., Świć, A., Taranenko, V.: Mathematical model of the hole drilling process and typical automated process for designing hole drilling operations. In: 11th International Conference on Industrial, Service and Humanoid Robotics (ROBTEP 2012), Strbske Pleso, Slovakia, pp. 221–229 (2013)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Palchevskyi, B.: Information aspects of optimisation synthesis of functional-modular structure of technological equipment. In: Optimization of Production Process, pp. 75–89. Politechnika Lubelska, Lublin (2013)Google Scholar