Examination of the Solar Air Heater Operating Parameters Equipped with the Swirlers
The aim of the solar air heater collector investigations was to conduct its operating parameters. The article shows the solution of its installation and presents the results of the analysis in real conditions. This type of device is equipped with the swirlers to increase the heat exchange and finally to gain more energy from the sun. This type of support elements are more and more popular in such devices. The air flow through the exchanger is forced by high flow ventilators. The test stand consists of inlet and outlet temperature data recorder and anemometer to control the air flow through the collector. The meteorological data such solar radiation, wind parameters, atmospheric pressure and the ambient temperature is obtain from Davies Vantage Pro2 weather station. The weather station was placed near the test stand. The analysis of the installation work was performed on the basis of monitoring of operating parameters conducted in time interval from April to September 2016. The results of energy analysis show the validity of such installation. It also helps to promote the other forms of energy generation and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
KeywordsSolar air heater Swirlers Renewable energy sources Operating parameters
The study has been implemented from the resources of the S/WBiIŚ/4/14 statutory work financed by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland.
- 2.Varun, S.A., El-Sebaii, A.A.: A thermodynamic review of solar air heaters. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 43, 863–890 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Zukowski, M.: Identification of heat transport processes in solar air collectors. In: Pawlowski, L. (ed.) Environmental Engineering IV, pp. 451–455. CRC Press—Taylor & Francis Group, London (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.Han, J.C., Dutta, S., Ekkad, S.V.: Gas turbine heat transfer and cooling technology. Taylor & Francis, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 26.Zukowski, M.: Assessing the environmental impacts of using solar air heaters. J. Int. Sci. Publ. 10, 76–84 (2016)Google Scholar
- 28.Eco Solaris. http://www.ecosolaris.ca. Last access 14 June 2017
- 29.Organic Mechanic. http://organicmechanic.com. Last access 14 June 2017
- 30.Solar Wall. http://solarwall.com. Last access 14 June 2017