Internal Gravity Waves in Horizontally Inhomogeneous Ocean
The paper is devoted to the research of the processes of generation and propagation of internal gravity waves in the vertically stratified horizontally non-uniform ocean based on the development of the asymptotic methods related to the generalization of the space-time ray-tracing method (the method of the geometrical optics, WKBJ method). Numerical results based on the application of asymptotic formulas for the real ocean parameters are presented.
- 2.Bulatov, V. V., & Vladimirov, Y. V. (2007). Internal gravity waves: Theory and applications. Moscow: Nauka Publishers.Google Scholar
- 5.Bulatov, V. V., & Vladimirov, Y. V. (2012). Wave dynamics of stratified mediums. Moscow: Nauka Publishers.Google Scholar
- 6.Bulatov, V. V., & Vladimirov, Y. V. (2014). Exact and asymptotic solutions of the equation of internal gravity wave in a wedge-shaped region. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 78(5), 494–501. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappmathmech.2015.03.008.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 10.Miropolsky, Y. Z. (2001). Dynamics of internal gravity waves in the ocean. In O. V. Shishkina (Ed.) Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- 13.Pedlosky, J. (2010). Waves in the ocean and atmosphere: sntroduction to wave dynamics. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar