- 447 Downloads
The conclusion summarizes the main arguments of the book and gives some policy suggestions on how to rebuild US relations with Muslims. The USA needs to desecuritize Islam, seeing it as a religion that is not foreign to the USA and engaging Muslims as part of the problem-solving family, rather than a security problem. As in former Yugoslavia, in the Middle East America needs to focus on a better strategy to rebuild the region and the relations that have been destroyed.
- AbuKhalil, As’ad. 2002. Bin Laden, Islam, and America’s New “War on Terrorism”. New York: Seven Stories.Google Scholar
- Bowen, John R. 2012. Blaming Islam. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.Google Scholar
- Clinton, William J. 1993. American University’s Centennial Convocation. http://www1.american.edu/media/speeches/1993centennial.htm. Accessed 27 Oct 2015.
- ———. 2004. My Life. New York: Random House.Google Scholar
- Clinton, Hillary Rodham. 2014. Hard Choices. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- Diamond, Larry. 2005. Squandered Victory: The American Occupation and the Bungled Effort to Bring Democracy to Iraq. New York: Times Books.Google Scholar
- Gates, Robert M. 2014. Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.Google Scholar
- Howell, Sally. 2010. Competing for Muslims: New Strategies for Urban Renewal in Detroit. In Islamophobia/Islamophilia: Beyond the Politics of Enemy and Friend, ed. Andrew Shryock. Indiana: Indiana University Press.Google Scholar
- Kissinger, Henry. 1994. Diplomacy. New York: Simon and Schuster.Google Scholar
- Knock, Thomas J. 2009. Playing for a Hundred Years Hence: Woodrow Wilson’s Internationalism and His Would-Be Heirs. In The Crisis of American Foreign Policy: Wilsonianism in the Twenty-First Century, ed. John G. Ikenberry et al., 25–52. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- MacAskill, Ewen. 2005. George Bush: God Told Me to End the Tyranny in Iraq. The Guardian, October 7. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa. Accessed 7 Aug 2017.
- Panetta, Leon. 2014. Worthy Fights: A Memoir of Leadership in War and Peace. New York: Penguin Press.Google Scholar
- Ralph, Jason. 2000. ‘High Stakes’ and ‘Low Intensity Democracy’: Understanding America’s Policy of Promoting Democracy. In American Democracy Promotion: Impulses, Strategies, and Impacts, ed. Michael Cox, G. John Ikenberry, and Takashi Inoguchi, 200–217. New York: Oxford University Press.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Sanger, David E. 1997. Clinton Seeks Power for Trade Deals Congress Can’t Amend. New York Times, 11 September.Google Scholar
- Smith, Tony. 2009. Wilsonianism After Iraq: The End of Liberal Internationalism? In The Crisis of American Foreign Policy: Wilsonianism in the Twenty-First Century, ed. John G. Ikenberry et al., 53–88. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Zogby, James. 2010. Arab Voices: What They Are Saying to Us, and Why It Matters. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar