A Proposal to Classify Ways of Walking Patterns Using Spiking Neural Networks
In this work the Spiking Neural Networks (SNNs) for the classification of ways of walking patterns is presented. The Differential Evolution (DE) Algorithm as an optimization technique was used for weights and delays settings. Two accelerometers, each one with three axes, were used to obtain simultaneous information on both legs. The information formed by nine features has been stored in a database: the first three correspond to the accelerations of x, y and z axis, next three correspond to the velocities which are obtained by doing an integration of the acceleration data for each axis and finally the positions x, y and z are calculated by the integration of velocities respectively.
KeywordsSpiking neural networks Ambient assited living Walking patterns
This work was partially supported by CONACYT and León Institute of Technology.
- 2.L. Bao, S.S. Intille, in Activity Recognition from User-Annotated Acceleration Data, ed. by A. Ferscha, F. Mattern. Pervasive Computing. Pervasive 2004. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 3001 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.U. Maurer, A. Smailagic, D.P. Siewiorek, M. Deisher, Activity recognition and monitoring using multiple sensors on different body positions, wearable and implantable body sensor networks, in BSN 2006, International Workshop on (2006), pp. 4–7Google Scholar
- 4.D. Sprute, K. Matthias, On-chip activity recognition in a smart home, in 12th International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE) (2016), pp. 95–102Google Scholar
- 5.M. Friedman, A. Kandel, Introduction to Pattern Recognition—Statistical, Structural, Neural and Fuzzy Logic Approaches (London, 1999), p. 345Google Scholar
- 7.T.H. Oong, N. Ashidi, M. Isa, Adaptive evolutionary artificial neural networks for pattern classification. IEEE Trans. Neural Netw. 22(11), 1823–1836 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.S. Ghosh-dastidar, H. Adeli, Spiking neural networks. Int. J. Neural Sys. 19, 295–308 (2009). https://dx.doi.org/10.1142/S0129065709002002
- 9.A. Belatreche, L.P. Maguire, Advances in design and application of spiking neural networks. Comput. A Fusion Found. Methodologies Appl. 11, 239–248 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.R.A. Vazquez, A. Cachón, Integrate and fire neurons and their application in pattern recognition. CCE, pp. 424–428 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.V. Feoktistov, Differential Evolution (New York, 2006)Google Scholar