Galactic Swarm Optimization with Adaptation of Parameters Using Fuzzy Logic for the Optimization of Mathematical Functions
In this paper the Galactic Swarm Optimization (GSO) algorithm with the use of fuzzy systems for the adaptation of the parameters in the GSO algorithm is proposed. This algorithm is inspired by the movement of stars, galaxies and superclusters of galaxies under the force of gravity. The GSO algorithm uses multiple cycles of exploration and exploitation phases to achieve a balance between exploring new solutions and exploiting existing solutions. In this work different fuzzy systems were designed for the dynamic adaptation of the c3 and c4 parameters to measure the operation of the algorithm with 7 mathematical functions with different number of dimensions. A statistical comparison was made between the different variants to test the performance of the method applied to optimization problems.
KeywordsGalactic swarm optimization GSO Fuzzy system Adaptation of parameters Mathematical function
We would like to express our gratitude to the CONACYT and Tijuana Institute of Technology for the facilities and resources granted for the development of this research.
- 1.E. Atashpaz-Gargari, F. Hashemzadeh, R. Rajabioun, C. Lucas, Colonial competitive algorithm: a novel approach for PID controller design in MIMO distillation column process. Int. J. Intell. Comput. Cybern. 1, 337–355 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.E. Bernal, O. Castillo, J. Soria, Imperialist competitive algorithm applied to the optimization of mathematical functions: a parameter variation study, in Design of Intelligent Systems Based on Fuzzy Logic, Neural Networks and Nature-Inspired Optimization, vol. 601 (Springer International Publishing, 2015), pp. 219–232Google Scholar
- 3.E. Bernal, O. Castillo, J. Soria, F. Valdez, Imperialist competitive algorithm with dynamic parameter adaptation using fuzzy logic applied to the optimization of mathematical functions. Algorithms 10(1), 18 (2017a)Google Scholar
- 4.E. Bernal, O. Castillo, J. Soria, A fuzzy logic approach for dynamic adaptation of parameters in galactic swarm optimization, in Annual Conference of the North American Fuzzy Information Processing Society (NAFIPS), IEEE (2017b)Google Scholar
- 5.E. Bernal, O. Castillo, J. Soria, Fuzzy logic for dynamic adaptation in the imperialist competitive algorithm, in IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence (SSCI), IEEE (2017c)Google Scholar
- 8.A.R. Hedar, Test functions for unconstrained global optimization [online], Egypt, Assiut University. Available: http://www-optima.amp.i.kyoto-u.ac.jp/member/student/hedar/Hedar_files/TestGO.htm
- 13.A. Sombra, F. Valdez, P. Melin, O. Castillo, A new gravitational search algorithm using fuzzy logic to parameter adaptation, in IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Cancun, México (2013), pp. 1068–1074Google Scholar
- 14.F. Valdez, P. Melin, O. Castillo, Evolutionary method combining particle swarm optimization and genetic algorithms using fuzzy logic for decision making, in IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (2009), pp. 2114–2119Google Scholar