Hosts and Host and Vegetation Tick Lists
The habits of some of the domestic and wild hosts of ixodid ticks in Southern Africa are briefly discussed in relation to their vulnerability to infestation. Extensive host/tick lists including domestic animals, wild mammals, birds and reptiles for South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho and Maputo Province, Mozambique are provided.
- Baker MK, Ducasse FBW (1967) Tick infestation of livestock in Natal. I. The predilection sites and seasonal variations of cattle ticks. J S Afr Vet Med Assoc 38:447–453Google Scholar
- Branch WR (1998) Field guide to snakes and other reptiles of southern Africa. Struik Publishers, Cape TownGoogle Scholar
- Hockey PAR, Dean WJR, Ryan PG (eds) (2005) Roberts–Birds of Southern Africa, VII edn. The Trustees of the John Voelcker Bird Book Fund, Cape Town, 1296 ppGoogle Scholar
- Hoogstraal H (1956) African Ixodoidea. I. Ticks of the Sudan (with special reference to Equatoria Province and with preliminary reviews of the genera Boophilus, Margaropus and Hyalomma), Research report NM 005.050.29.07. Department of the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Washington, DC, 1101 ppGoogle Scholar
- MacIvor KM (de F), Horak IG (2003) Ixodid ticks of Angora and Boer goats, grysbok, common duikers, kudus and scrub hares in Valley Bushveld in the Eastern Cape Province. Onderstepoort J Vet Res 70:113–120Google Scholar