Hazard Index for Assessment of Reliability of Supply and Risk in Maritime Domain
The paper presents a method that concerns the problem of determining a hazard level for various maritime areas based on selected risk factors. These factors reflect hazards that may happen on the route of a given ship and thus may potentially influence on reliability of supply and level of maritime risk for the ship. The results of the method can be helpful in a process of planning a ship’s voyage as well as when the transport service is already being realized in order to assess its reliability.
The aim of the article is to propose hazards which may be taken into account while assessing the reliability and risk of maritime transport, and present how they can be included in the process of risk assessment in a form of hazard index. The paper presents results for the proposed method, showing how the hazard index is calculated for different maritime areas and its evaluation based on examples of ship’s routes.
- 1.Krzysztof, F., Sokołowski, W.: Środki transportu morskiego w zapewnieniu bezpieczeństwa dostaw gazu ziemnego. Logistyka (5), 401–411 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Lam, J.: Rough set approach to marine cargo risk analysis. In: International Forum on Shipping, Ports and Airports (IFSPA) 2012: Transport Logistics for Sustainable Growth at a New Level, pp. 1–12 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Jarysz-Kamińska, E.: Ocena ryzyka w transporcie morskim. Logistyka (6), 238–246 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Gaonkar, R.S.P., Xie, M., Ng, K.M., Habibullah, M.S.: Subjective operational reliability assessment of maritime transportation system. Expert Syst. Appl. 38(11), 13835–13846 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Abramowicz-Gerigk, T., Burciu, Z., Kamiński, P.: Kryteria akceptowalności ryzyka w żegludze morskiej. Prace Naukowe Politechniki Warszawskiej. Transport (96), 7–17 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Andler, S.F., Fredin, M., Gustavsson, P.M., van Laere, J., Nilsson, M., Svenson, P.: SMARTracIn: a concept for spoof resistant tracking of vessels and detection of adverse intentions, vol. 7305, pp. 73050G–73050G-9 (2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Patrick, G., Davies, H., Baldacci, A., den Breejen, E.: The Addition of Near Real Time data and Forecast data. Deliverable of ProMerc project (2015). http://www.promerc.eu
- 10.el Pozo, F., Dymock, A., Feldt, L., Hebrard, P., di Monteforte, F.S.: Maritime surveillance in support of CSDP. Technical report, European Defence Agency (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.INFORM - Index for risk management. http://www.inform-index.org/
- 12.The Basel AML Index. https://index.baselgovernance.org
- 13.World Risk Index. http://collections.unu.edu/view/UNU:5763
- 14.International Maritime Organization: Global Integrated Shipping Information System. Regional analysis of reports on acts of piracy and armed robbery, On-line database (2014)Google Scholar