Gray-Box Conformance Testing for Symbolic Reactive State Machines
Model-based testing (MBT) is typically a black-box testing technique. Therefore, generated test suites may leave some untested gaps in a given implementation under test (IUT). We propose an approach to use the structural and behavioural information exploited from the implementation domain to generate effective and efficient test suites. Our approach considers both specification models and implementation models, and generates an enriched test model which is used to automatically generate test suites. We show that the proposed approach is sound and exhaustive and cover both the specification and the implementation. We examine the applicability and the effectiveness of our approach by applying it to a well-known example from the railway domain.
This work was partially supported by ELLIIT, the strategic research area funded by Swedish government. The work of M.R. Mousavi has also been supported by the Swedish Research Council (Vetenskapsrådet) with award number 621-2014-5057, and the Swedish Knowledge Foundation in the context of the AUTO-CAAS project.
- 8.Kicillof, N., Grieskamp, W., Tillmann, N., Braberman, V.: Achieving both model and code coverage with automated gray-box testing. In: A-MOST 2007, pp. 1–11. ACM (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, C., Chen, F., Rosu, G.: Mining parametric specifications. In: ICSE 2011, pp. 591–600. ACM (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Ernst, M.D., Cockrell, J., Griswold, W.G., Notkin, D.: Dynamically discovering likely program invariants to support program evolution. IEEE TSE 27(2), 99–123 (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Grieskamp, W., Tillmann, N., Campbell, C., Schulte, W., Veanes, M.: Action machines - towards a framework for model composition, exploration and conformance testing based on symbolic computation. In: QSIC 2005, pp. 72–29. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Petrenko, A.: Checking experiments for symbolic input/output finite state machines. In: IEEE ICSTW 2016, pp. 229–237 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.Braunstein, C., Peleska, J., Schulze, U., Hübner, F., Huang, W., Haxthausen, A., Vu, H.L.: A SysML test model and test suite for the ETCS ceiling speed monitor: Technical report, Work Package 4. Technical University of Denmark (2014)Google Scholar