Print-Scan Resilient Binary Map Watermarking Based on Extended Additive Noise Model and Scrambling
As binary map has the characteristics of less and uneven distributed black pixels, the existing print-scan resilient watermarking cannot be well suited for it. In this paper, a novel blind print-scan resilient watermarking scheme for binary map is proposed based on extended additive noise model and scrambling. Firstly, the flipping probability of each pixel is calculated. After that, the binary map is scrambled and partitioned into blocks. Finally, based on the extended additive noise model of print-scan process and the number of the corresponding pixels, the watermark information is embedded. Experimental results show that the proposed scheme can not only provide large watermark capacity and good imperceptibility, but also can resist the impact of print-scan on the image, and has strong robustness.
KeywordsBinary map Print-scan resilient watermarking Image scrambling Print-scan additive noise model
This work was supported in part by project supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61370225, 61572182), project supported by Hunan Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 15JJ2007).
- 2.Low, S.H., Maxemchuk, N.F., Brassil, J.T., et al.: Document marking and identification using both line and word shifting. In: Proceeding of Fourteenth Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies, pp. 853–860 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, M., Tang, E., Lin, B.: Data hiding in digital binary image. In: Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, vol. 1, pp. 393–396 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Wu, M., Liu, B.: Digital watermarking using shuffling. In: Proceeding of the International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 291–295 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Wu, M.: Multimedia data hiding, Ph.D. dissertation. Princeton Univ., Princeton, NJ (2001). http://www.ece.umd.edu/~minwu/research/phd_thesis.html
- 8.Lu, H., Kot, A.C., Cheng, J.: Secure data hiding in binary document images for authentication. In: Proceeding of the 2003 International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 3, pp. III-806–III-809. IEEE (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou, B., Chen, J.: A digital watermarking algorithm for binary image. J. Shanghai Jiaotong Univ. Chin. Ed. 38, 1509–1514 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, C., Dai, Y., Wang, Z.: A novel information hiding method in binary images. J. Southeast Univ. S1, 98–101 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Lu, H., Shi, X., Shi, Y.Q., et al.: Watermark embedding in DC components of DCT for binary images. In: Proceeding of the 2002 IEEE Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, pp. 300–303 (2002)Google Scholar