Retrial Queue M/G/1 with Impatient Calls Under Heavy Load Condition
In the paper, the retrial queueing system of M / GI / 1 type with impatient calls is considered. The delay of calls in the orbit has exponential distribution and the impatience time of calls in the system is dynamical exponential. Asymptotic analysis method is proposed for the system studying under a heavy load condition. The theorem about the gamma form of the asymptotic probability distribution of the number of calls in the orbit is formulated and proved. During the study, the expression for the system throughput is obtained. Numerical examples compare asymptotic, exact and simulation based distributions.
KeywordsRetrial queueing system Impatient calls Asymptotic analysis Heavy load
The publication was financially supported by RFBR according to the research project No. 16-31-00292 mol-a.
- 2.Nazarov, A.A., Tsoj, S.A.: Common approach to studies of Markov models for data transmission networks controlled by the static random multiple access protocols. Automatic Control Comput. Sci. 4, 73–85 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Cohen, J.W.: Basic problems of telephone trafic and the influence of repeated calls. Philips Telecommun. Rev. 18(2), 49–100 (1957)Google Scholar
- 6.Elldin, A., Lind, G.: Elementary telephone trafic theory. Ericsson Public Telecommunications (1971)Google Scholar
- 7.Gosztony, G.: Repeated call attempts and their effect on traffic engineering. Budavox Telecommun. Rev. 2, 16–26 (1976)Google Scholar
- 10.Ridder, A.: Fast simulation of retrial queues. In: Third Workshop on Rare Event Simulation and Related Combinatorial Optimization Problems, Pisa, pp. 1–5 (2000)Google Scholar
- 18.Anisimov, V.V.: Asymptotic analysis of reliability for switching systems in light and heavy trafic conditions. Recent Advances in Reliability Theory, pp. 119–133 (2000)Google Scholar
- 19.Aissani, A.: Heavy loading approximation of the unreliable queue with repeated orders. In: Actes du Colloque Methodes et Outils d’Aide ’a la Decision. Bejaa, pp. 97–102 (1992)Google Scholar
- 20.Stepanov, S.N.: Asymptotic analysis of models with repeated calls in case of extreme load. Problems Inf. Transmission 29(3), 248–267 (1993)Google Scholar
- 25.Fayolle, G., Brun, M.: On a system with impatience and repeated calls. In: Queueing theory and its applications: liber amicorum for J.W. Cohen, North Holland, Amsterdam, pp. 283–305 (1988)Google Scholar
- 27.Aissani, A., Taleb, S., Hamadouche, D.: An unreliable retrial queue with impatience and preventive maintenance. In: Proceedings of 15th Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis, ASMDA 2013. Matar (Barcelona), Spain, pp. 1–9 (2013)Google Scholar
- 28.Kumar, M., Arumuganathan, R.: Performance analysis of single server retrial queue with general retrial time, impatient subscribers, two phases of service and Bernoulli schedule. Tamkang J. Sci. Eng. 13(2), 135–143 (2010)Google Scholar
- 32.Moiseeva, E., Nazarov, A.: Asymptotic analysis of RQ-systems \(M/M/1\) on heavy load condition. In: Proceedings of the IV International Conference Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics, PCI 2012, Baku, pp. 164–166. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar