A Sweep Method for Calculating Multichannel Queueing Systems
The necessity is shown to design queueing systems with non-Markovian service time distribution and the big number of channels. A general characteristic is given on phase approximations. Techniques of iteration and matrix-geometric progression are discussed. A new (sweeping) method is suggested. Results of numerical calculations and the evaluation of theirs complexity are presented. Recommendations are proposed how methods discussed in this paper can be applied.
KeywordsQueueing systems Big number of channels Sweeping method
The research described in the paper was partially supported by state research 0073-2014-009 and 0073-2015-0007.
- 1.Basharin, G.P., Bordukova, V.T.: Some exact and approximate results for the multiserver queuing systems with limited storage. Teletraffic Theory and Information Networks, 6–15 (1977). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Bocharov, P.P., Pechinkin, A.V.: Queueing Theory: Textbook. People Friendship University of Russia, Moscow (1995). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Brandwajn, A., Begin, T.: Preliminary results on simple approach to G/G/c-like queues. In: Proceeding of the 16th International Conference on Analytical and Stochastic Modeling Techniques and Applications, ASMTA, pp. 159–173 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Osogami, T., Harchol-Balter, M.: A Closed-form solution for mapping general distribution to minimal PH distributions. In: Proceeding of the 13th International Conference on Computer Performance Evaluation. Modeling Technique and Tools, Urbana, Il, USA, pp. 200–217 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Osogami, T., Harchol-Balter, M.: Necessary and sufficient conditions for representing general distributions by coxians. In: Proceeding of the 13th International Conference on Computer Performance Evaluation. Modeling Technique and Tools, Urbana, Il, USA, pp. 182–199 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Ryzhikov, Y.I.: Algorithm for calculating multichannel system with Erlangian service. Autom. Remote Control 5, 30–37 (1980). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Ryzhikov, Y.I: Development and comparizon of methods for calculating multi-channel queueing systems. In: Proceeding of the XII All-Russian Meeting on Control Systems, pp. 5208–5219. Institute of Control Sciences, Moscow (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Vishnevsky, V.M.: The theoretical basis to design computer networks. Technosphere, Moscow (2003). (in Russian)Google Scholar