Reliability Analysis of a Two-Server Heterogeneous Unreliable Queueing System with a Threshold Control Policy
Heterogeneous servers which can differ in service speed and reliability are getting more popular in modeling of modern communication systems. For a two-server queueing system with unreliable servers the allocation of customers between the servers is performed via a threshold control policy which prescribes to use the fastest server whenever it is free and the slower one only if the number of waiting customers exceeds some threshold level depending on the state of faster server. The main task of the paper consists in reliability analysis of the proposed system including evaluation of the stationary availability and reliability function. The effects of different parameters on introduced reliability characteristics are analyzed numerically.
KeywordsReliability analysis Quasi-birth-and-death process Heterogeneous servers Threshold policy Matrix-geometric solution method
- 1.Efrosinin, D.: Controlled queueing systems with heterogeneous servers. In: Dynamic Optimization and Monotonicity Properties, Saarbrücken. VDM (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Efrosinin, D., Samouylov, K., Gudkova, I.: Busy period analysis of a queueing system with breakdowns and its application to wireless network under licensed shared access regime. In: Galinina, O., Balandin, S., Koucheryavy, Y. (eds.) NEW2AN/ruSMART -2016. LNCS, vol. 9870, pp. 426–439. Springer, Cham (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-46301-8_36 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Efrosinin, D., Sztrik, J.: Optimal control of a two-server heterogeneous queueing system with breakdowns and constant retrials. In: Dudin, A., Gortsev, A., Nazarov, A., Yakupov, R. (eds.) ITMM 2016. CCIS, vol. 638, pp. 57–72. Springer, Cham (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-44615-8_5 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Legros, B., Jouini, O.: Routing in a queueing system with two heterogeneous servers in speed and in quality of resolution (2016). http://www.lgi.ecp.fr/~jouini
- 16.Yue, D., Yue, W., Yu, J., Tian, R.: A heterogeneous two-server queueing system with balking and server breakdowns. In: Proceedings of the Eighth International Symposium on Operations Research and Its Applications, China, pp. 230–244 (2009)Google Scholar