Investigation of Dynamic Behavior of Acetylene Production by Oxidative Pyrolysis of Natural Gas
Modern chemical-engineering systems, as a rule, are characterized by the complexity of chemical technology processes, the behavior in a context of the information uncertainty and deficiency as well as a vast number of internal and external factors exercising unpredictable influence on the entire system operation. Therefore, it is particularly important that chemical industries should solve the problem of defining valid states in order to ensure the process safety in various situations arising in a technological cycle. At the same time, the main task of effective diagnostics and process safety of chemical-engineering systems is the timely detections of malfunctions that can cause extraordinary situations, with the aim of their preventing and avoiding. In the paper the authors propose a technological model of acetylene production by oxidative pyrolysis of natural gas. The process operation uncertainty is stipulated by the feed composition variability (natural gas, oxygen), the temperature dependence of chemical kinetic constants, the equipment behavior during the operation (‘coking up’), etc. The mathematical model includes the material and heat balance equations calculated for the oxidative pyrolysis reactor processes (mixing of the original components, oxidative pyrolysis, ‘quenching’ of oxidative pyrolysis products). The Matlab Simulink-based model allows us to plot graphs of transient processes in a reactor and to evaluate the effect of various factors on the acetylene content in the pyrolysis gas at the reactor outlet. The model adequacy is validated by statistical data obtained at the existing acetylene enterprise. The model can be used to evaluate indeterminate forms on the basis of finite-difference approximation for the purpose of defining different states of a system, as well as to design the oxidative pyrolysis process control system.
KeywordsControl system Mathematical modeling Simulation modeling Oxidative pyrolysis Acetylene Process safety
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Palyukh, B.V., Bogatikov, V.N., Oleinik, A.G., Alekseyev, V.V., Prorokov, A.E. New technologies for diagnosing states and managing the safety of industrial processes: a study guide for postgraduate and master’s works. Tver, TvSTU (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.Mavlyankariev, S. Investigation of gas-phase methane oxidation by reactor profile measurements and microkinetic modeling. Berlin (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.Sanayeva, G.N., Prorokov, A.E., Bogatikov, V.N. Construction of a discrete model of the acetylene production with natural gas oxidative pyrolysis / Logistics and economics of resource-energy saving in industry (MNPK “LEREP-9-2015”). In: Collection of scientific papers on the materials of the IX International Scientific and Practical Conference LEREI-9-15, pp.105–109. Smolensk (2015).Google Scholar
- 4.Sanayeva, G.N., Prorokov, A.E., Bogatikov, V.N. Determination of the technological safety region and center of the acetylene production with natural gas oxidative pyrolysis / Logistics and economy of resource-saving in industry (MNPK “LEREP-9-2015”). In: Collection of scientific papers on the materials of the IX International Scientific and Practical Conference LEREI-9-15, pp.119–122. Smolensk (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.Elsayed Sallam, T. Medhat, A.Ghanem, M. E. Ali,”Handling Numerical Missing Values Via Rough Sets”, International Journal of Mathematical Sciences and Computing (IJMSC), Vol.3, No.2, pp. 22-36, 2017.DOI: 10.5815/ijmsc.2017.02.03
- 6.Vent, D.P., Prorokov, A.E., Sanayeva, G.N., Toychkin, N.N., Palyukh, B.V., Semenov, N.N., Bogatikov, V.N., Alekseyev, V.V., Kemajkin, V.K. Mathematical models used in problems of diagnostics of technological systems. In: Software products, systems and algorithms, No. 3 (2015). http://swsys-web.ru/mathematical-models-in-problems-of-diagnosis.html. doi: 10.15827/2311-6749.16.160
- 7.Vijay Nehra,”MATLAB/Simulink Based Study of Different Approaches Using Mathematical Model of Differential Equations”, International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications(IJISA), vol.6, no.5, pp.1- 24, 2014. DOI: 10.5815/ijisa.2014.05.01
- 8.Sanayeva, G.N., Prorokov, A.E., Bogatikov, V.N. On the possibility of using discrete models to diagnose the state of the acetylene production with natural gas oxidative pyrolysis. In: Energy, Information, Innovation-2015, vol. 1. Sections 1, 2, 3, 4, pp.225–228. Universum, Smolensk (2015).Google Scholar