Binary Search in the DataFlow Paradigm
- 418 Downloads
This chapter represents a study about the binary search algorithm implementation and its usage implications in dataflow paradigm on Maxeler technology. In the chapter you will see the Binary Search algorithm explained and the differences between its implementations on two different architectures. It will be shown that the difference in the amount of data needed to be processed is in connection with the resulting speedup achieved on a Maxeler machine.
This research was supported by the School of Electrical Engineering and Maxeler Technologies, Serbia, Belgrade. I want to thank Professor Veljko Milutinovic for being a great help and mediator during this research and implementation.
- 1.Tomasevic M (2008) Algoritmi i strukure podataka, Akademska misao, Beograd, Srbija, pp 211–222Google Scholar
- 2.Kraus L (2008) Programski jezik C sa resenim zadacima, Akademska misao, Beograd, Srbija, pp 89–149Google Scholar
- 3.—— (2014) Multiscale data flow programming. Maxeler Technologies, London, pp 1–162Google Scholar
- 4.—— (2014) MaxCompiler manager compiler tutorial. Maxeler Technologies, London, pp 5–21Google Scholar
- 5.—— (2014) MaxCompiler kernel numerics tutorial. Maxeler Technologies, London, pp 1–22Google Scholar
- 6.—— (2014) Acceleration tutorial loops and pipelining. Maxeler Technologies, London, pp 18–20Google Scholar
- 7.Milutinovic V (1996) The best method for presentation of research results. IEEE TCCA Newsletter, Beograd, Srbija, pp 1–6Google Scholar
- 8.——, The department of computer science at the University of San Francisco (https://www.cs.usfca.edu/ galles/visualization/Search.html), San Francisco, 7 Sept 2016. @23h pp 1-1
- 9.Blagojevic V et al (2016) A systematic approach to generation of new ideas for PhD research in computing. Adv Comput 104:1–19. Elsevier,Google Scholar