Application of the Tool and Criteria for Activating the Forum
An evaluation system relying on a mathematical algorithm that simultaneously and contextually assesses different indicators (composed of multiple variables) that can be formally defined and represented. For brevity, we refer to this first part of the output as “Tool”.
An interpretation and assessment system that relies on the active participation of local communities and “interested populations” (European Landscape Convention/ELC 2000) and uses indicators that cannot be formalized in a mathematical algorithm. For brevity, we refer to this second part of the output as “Forum”.
- Cocci Grifoni R, D’Onofrio R, Sargolini M (2011) In search of new paradigms to interpret and design the contemporary city. WIT Trans Ecol Environ 155:47–58Google Scholar
- COE, Council of Europe (2000) European Landscape Convention, FlorenceGoogle Scholar
- Fanger PO (1970) Thermal comfort: analysis and applications in environmental engineering. McGraw-Hill, New York. https://books.google.it/books?id=mUFSAAAAMAAJ
- ISO 7730 (1994) Moderate thermal environments – determination of the PMV and PPD indices and specification of the conditions for thermal comfort. International Standards Organization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- Salat S, Mertorol A (2006) Factor 20: a multiplying method for dividing by 20 the carbon energy footprint of cities: the urban morphology factor. Urban Morphologies Laboratory, CSTB (French Scientific Centre for Building Research) and ENSMP (Ecole Nationale Superieure des Mines de Paris)Google Scholar