Using a Simulation Method for Intelligent Maintenance Management
Effective maintenance management determines the competitiveness of manufacturing enterprises. Breakdowns and inspections of manufacturing resources affect the total throughput of manufacturing systems and the requirements for maintenance staff. In this paper a model of an intelligent maintenance-management system based on a computer-simulation method is proposed. On the basis of the simulation model and conducted experiments, the impact of the availability of manufacturing resources on the throughput and average lifespan of products is analysed. The simulation model of the manufacturing system is used for the intelligent allocation of the manufacturing resources to derive assumed values for the throughput and average lifespan of products. The model takes into account the number of maintenance staff and processing times. An illustrative example of the maintenance management of a flexible manufacturing system is given.
KeywordsComputer simulation Maintenance-management system Resources availability Throughput Lifespan of products
- 2.Ni, J., Jin, X.: Decision support systems for effective maintenance operations. CIRP Ann.—Manuf. Technol. 61, 411–414 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Diering, M., Dyczkowski, K., Hamrol, A.: 10th International Conference on Soft Computing Models in Industrial and Environmental Applications, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol. 368, pp. 415–425. Springer, Switzerland (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Kłos, S., Trebuňa, P.: Using computer simulation method to improve throughput of production systems by buffers and workers allocation. Manag. Prod. Eng. Rev. 6(4), 60–69 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Burduk, A.: Evaluation of the risk in production systems with a parallel reliability structure taking into account its acceptance level. W: Hybrid artificial intelligent systems: 6th International Conference, HAIS 2011, Wroclaw, Poland, May 23–25, 2011, pp. 389–396. Springer, Hiedelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Kujawinska, A., Rogalewicz, M., Piłacińska, M., Kochański, A., Hamrol, A., Diering, M.: Application of dominance-based rough set approach (DRSA) for quality prediction in a casting process. Metalurgija 55(4), 821–824 (2016)Google Scholar