Proposal IoT Architecture for Macro and Microscale Applied in Assistive Technology
Technology is present in different sectors of society, a world mediated by information and communication technologies, can offer for people with special needs the possibility of improving the limitations imposed by their physiological condition. Today the Internet of Things (IoT) is the emerging technology that can provide people with special needs the support to achieve a better quality of life. It is in this context that the proposal of an IoT architecture with indoor and outdoor scenarios connected to Assistive Technologies (AT).
KeywordsApplication server Assistive technology Internet of Things Smart city Smart home Smart stick Smart wheelchair
The authors would like to thank to CAPES, this work has been funded by the research project PROCAD Assistive Technologies.
- 1.G3ict: Internet of Things: New Promises for Persons with Disabilities (2015). http://g3ict.org/resource_center/publications_and_reports/p/productCategory_books/subCat_2/id_335. Accessed 7 Sept 2016
- 3.Gubbi, J., Buyya, R., Marusic, S., Palaniswami, M.: Internet of Things (IoT): a vision, architectural elements, and future directions. J. Fut. Gener. Comput. Syst. 29, 1646–1658 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Robot Operating System: Open-source collection of software frameworks for robot development (2016). http://www.ros.org/. Accessed 11 Nov 2016
- 5.Vermesan, O., Friess, P.: Internet of Things. Converging Technologies for Smart Environments and Integrated Ecosystems, p. 17363. European Commission, Belgium (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Erl, T.: Service-oriented architecture. In: Concepts, Technology, and Design, pp. 83–280. Indianapolis, Indiana (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.openHAB: A vendor and technology agnostic open source automation software for your home (2016). http://www.openhab.org/features/architecture.html. Accessed 16 Sept 2016
- 9.Guimarães, C.S.S., Pereira, C.E., Henriques, R.V.B.: Telemetry and remote an embedded system applied in macro and micro blind navigation. Paper presented at the 11th international conference on remote engineering and virtual instrumentation, Porto, Portugal, pp. 424–433, February 2014Google Scholar
- 10.Silva, R.F.L.: Integrated product design to urban design: long Bengal electronics. Dissertation, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Lee, E.A., Seshia, S.A.: Introduction to Embedded Systems. A Cyber Physical Systems Approach, pp. 93–370. University of California, Berkeley (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Marques, P.J.: Proposal of a wheelchair position determination system in an intelligent environment. Dissertation, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.Open GPS Tracking System: Open-Source GPS Tracking System - OpenGTS (2016). http://www.opengts.org/. Accessed 11 Aug 2016