Interactive Platform for Embedded Software Development Study
This paper describes a didactional system which is aimed at supporting remote experiments in developing software for Embedded Systems. As basis for this system is used the Raspberry Pi which provides a variety of possibilities at low costs. Demo experiments and possibilities for learning software development for embedded systems are described.
KeywordsRemote experiments Raspberry Pi Reliability study
In work was done in the frame of international project Tempus 544091-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-BE-TEMPUS-JPCR [DesIRE] . We want to thank EmSys Group from Thomas More Mechelen-Antwerpen University College for their support of our work with the TMMA expansion board.
- 1.IDC (2016): Worldwide Internet of Things Forecast Update 2016–2020. Doc # US42082716. http://www.idc.com. Accessed 17 Jan 2017
- 2.Camhi, J.: BI Intelligence projects 34 billion devices will be connected by 2020, Internet of Things report, BI Intelligence (2015). www.busisnessinsider.com. Accessed 17 Jan 2017
- 3.Kozik, T., Simon, M., Arras, P., Olvecky, M., Kuna, P.: Remotely controlled experiments. In: Noga, H., Cernansky, P., Hrmo, R. (eds.) Nitra, Slovacia: Univerzity Konstantina Filozofa v Nitre (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Tabunshchyk, G.: Remote experiments for reliability studies of embedded systems. In: Tabunshchyk, G., Van Merode, D., Arras, P., Henke, K. (eds.) Proceedings of XIII International Conference on REV2016, Madrid, Spain, 24–26 February 2016, pp. 68–71. UNED (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Raspberry Pi b/b+ compatible expansion board. http://emsys.pbei.be/?product=raspberry-pi-bb-compatible-expansion-board
- 6.Platform NodeJS. https://nodejs.org/en/
- 7.Tabunshchyk, G., Van Merode, D., Petrova, O., Ochmak, V.: Multipurpose educational system based on Raspberry Pi. In: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Embedded Systems and Trends in Teaching Engineering, Nitra, Slovakia, 12–15 September, pp. 202–206 (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Brahmbhatt, S.: Practical OpenCV (Technology in Action), 1st edn., 244 p. Apress, New York (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.DesIRE Project website. http://tempus-desire.eu/. Accessed 17 Jan 2017