Adaptive MP3 Steganography Using Equal Length Entropy Codes Substitution
Statistical undetectability is a common problem in current MP3 steganography. In this paper, a novel adaptive scheme of MP3 steganography is proposed for obtaining higher secure payload under the framework of distortion minimization. To avoid disabling MP3 encoder in the embedding process, a mapping construction algorithm using Huffman codes of equal length is realized to hold the length of stego codestream. Furthermore, a content-aware distortion function is designed to achieve optimal masking effect via the psychoacoustic model (PAM). Experimental results show that our method achieves better performance than others in terms of security and secure payload, the detection accuracy of the proposed method is lower than \(55\%\) under 128 kbps when the relative payload is equal to 0.25.
KeywordsMP3 steganography Huffman code Adaptive steganography Distortion function Psychoacoustic model
This work was supported by the NSFC under U1636102, U1536207 and U1536105, and National Key Technology R&D Program under 2014BAH41B01, 2016YFB0801003, 2016QY15Z2500 and 2016QY08D1600.
- 1.Dong, Y.: Research on information hiding based on mp3. Master’s thesis, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT), Beijing (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Fridrich, J.: Steganalysis of JPEG images using rich models. In: Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol. 8303, pp. 7–20 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Gao, H.: The mp3 steganography algorithm based on huffman coding. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Univ. Sunyatseni 46(4), 32–35 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, W., Wang, S., Zhang, X.: Audio watermarking based on partial mp3 encoding. Acta Scientiarum Naturalium Univ. Sunyatseni 43(S2), 26–33 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Petitcolas, F.A.: MP3Stego (1998)Google Scholar
- 9.Smith, J.O., Abel, J.S.: ISO/IEC 11172–3: Information Technology - Coding of Moving Pictures and Associated Audio for Digital Storage Media at Up to about 1.5 Mbit/s - Part 3: Audio (1993)Google Scholar
- 10.Thiede, T.: PEAQ-the ITU standard for objective measurement of perceived audio quality. J. Audio Eng. Soc. Audio Eng. Soc. 48(1), 3–29 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, C., Chen, T., Chao, W.: A new audio watermarking based on modified discrete cosine transform of MPEG/audio layer III. In: Proceedings of 2004 IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing and Control, pp. 984–989 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Yan, D.: Steganography and Steganalysis of Compressed Domain Audio. Ph.D. thesis, Ningbo University, Ningbo (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Yan, D., Wang, R., Zhang, L.: A large capacity MP3 steganography algorithm based on huffman coding. J. Sichuan Univ. (Nat. Sci. Ed.) 48(6), 1281–1286 (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Zhang, Y., Pan, F., Shen, J., Li, N.: A post-adaptive steganography algorithm based on MP3. Comput. Sci. 43(8), 114–117 (2016)Google Scholar