A Prediction Mode-Based Information Hiding Approach for H.264/AVC Videos Minimizing the Impacts on Rate-Distortion Optimization
In this paper, with the data representation named intra prediction mode (IPM), an effective data hiding approach, called MIRO, integrated with H.264/AVC compression is proposed. The main principle is to minimize the embedding impacts on the video coding efficiency. First, a novel distortion function of individual IPM is designed reflecting its impact on Rate-Distortion Optimization. Secondly, the embedding structure based on syndrome-trellis codes (STCs) and interleaved sub-lattices are leveraged to minimize the overall embedding distortion. Comparative experimental results have demonstrated that, with similar embedding rates, the proposed method has much lower impacts on coding efficiency (both on the visual quality and compression efficiency) compared to other schemes.
KeywordsInformation hiding H.264/AVC Intra prediction Rate-distortion
This work was supported by the NSFC under U1636102, U1536207 and U1536105, and National Key Technology R&D Program under 2014BAH41B01, 2016YFB0801003, 2016QY15Z2500 and 2016YFB0801405.
- 1.Richardson, I.E.: H.264 and MPEG-4 Video Compression: Video Coding for Next-generation Multimedia. Wiley, Hoboken (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Cao, H., Zhou, J.L., Yu, S.S.: An implement of fast hiding data into H.264 bitstream based on intra-prediction coding. In: MIPPR 2005 SAR and Multispectral Image Processing, pp. 60430I–60430I. International Society for Optics and Photonics (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Hu, Y., Zhang, C.T., Su, Y.T.: Information hiding based on intra prediction modes for H.264/AVC. In: 2007 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1231–1234. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, C., Chen, OT.-C.: Data hiding in inter and intra prediction modes of H.264/AVC. In: 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2008, pp. 3025–3028. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Bouchama, S., Hamami, L., Aliane, H.: H.264/AVC data hiding based on intra prediction modes for real-time applications. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 1, pp. 655–658 (2012)Google Scholar