Coding Efficiency Preserving Steganography Based on HEVC Steganographic Channel Model
Steganographic Channel Model (SCM) is hard to build for different steganography algorithms in different embedding domains. Thus, theoretical analysis for some important factors in steganography, such as capacity, distortion, is hard to obtain. In this paper, to avoid introducing significant distortion into HEVC video file, a novel HEVC SCM is presented and analyzed. It is firstly proposed that the distortion optimization method in this SCM should be applied on coding efficiency instead of visual quality. According to this conclusion, a novel coding efficiency preserving steganography algorithm based on Prediction Units (PUs) is proposed for HEVC videos. The intra prediction modes of candidate PUs are taken as cover. This algorithm was tested on the dataset consisting of 17,136 HD sequences. The Experimental results prove the correctness of the previous conclusion and the practicability of the proposed channel model, and show that our algorithm outperforms the existing HEVC steganography algorithm in capacity and perceptibility.
KeywordsSteganography channel model Coding efficiency HEVC Prediction Units
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61572320, 61572321), and also supported by Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (LY17F020013).
- 1.Aparna, R., Ajish, S.: A review on data hiding techniques in compressed video. Int. J. Comput. Appl. 134(13), 1–4 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Juneja, M., Sandhu, P.S.: Information hiding using improved LSB steganography and feature detection technique. Int. J. Eng. Adv. Technol. (IJEAT) 2(4), 2249–8958 (2013)Google Scholar
- 3.Hu, Y., Zhang, C., Su,Y.: Information hiding based on intra prediction modes for H.264/AVC. In: 2007 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pp. 1231–1234. IEEE (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Bouchama, S., Hamami, L., Aliane, H.: H.264/AVC data hiding based on intra prediction modes for real-time applications. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 2200(1), 655–658 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Tew, Y., Wong, K.S.: Information hiding in HEVC standard using adaptive coding block size decision. In: IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, pp. 5502–5506. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.Sheng, Q., Wang, R., Pei, A., Wang, B.: An information hiding algorithm for HEVC based on differences of intra prediction modes. Guangdianzi Jiguang/J. Optoelectron. Laser 25(8), 1578–1585 (2016)Google Scholar