Some Practical Aspects to Know About
The engineer who wants to avoid disappointment has to be aware of certain machine-learning apects that, for the sake of clarity, our introduction to the basic techniques had to neglect. To present some of the most important ones is the task for this chapter.
- 34.Gordon, D. F. & desJardin, M. (1995). Evaluation and selection of biases in machine learning. Machine Learning, 20, 5–22.Google Scholar
- 57.McCallum, A. (1999). Multi-label text classification with a mixture model trained by EM. In Proceedings of the workshop on text learning (AAAI’99) (pp. 1–7).Google Scholar
- 88.Thrun, S. B. & Mitchell, T. M. (1995). Lifelong robot learning. Robotics and Automonous Systems, 15, pp. 24–46.Google Scholar
- 90.Turney, P. D. (1993). Robust classification with context-sensitive features. In Proceedings of the sixth international conference of industrial and engineering applications of artificial intelligence and expert systems, Edinburgh (pp. 268–276).Google Scholar
- 97.Widmer, G. & Kubat, M. (1996). Learning in the presence of concept drift and hidden contexts. Machine Learning, 23, 69–101.Google Scholar