Fast Intra Mode Decision Algorithm for 3D-HEVC Transcoding
To satisfy the popularity of 3D application, 3D-HEVC has been developed as a new video encoding standard for multiviews. What’s more, as the development of internet and mobile services, the use of 3D video application from the big screen to mobile devices become an inevitable trend. So an efficient transcoding for 3D videos is necessary. In 3D-HEVC, 3D video is comprised by multiview video and corresponding depth maps. The computational complexity is further increased caused by depth maps. In order to reduce the computational complexity caused by the mode decision for depth maps, an efficient fast intra mode decision for 3D-HEVC depth maps down-sizing video transcoding based on SVM (support vector machines, SVM) is proposed in this paper. Compared with the HTM16.0 which employs the original intra mode decision, the proposed algorithm can save about 16% of transcoding time without distortion of synthesized intermediate views.
Keywords3D-HEVC Depth Modeling Mode (DMM) Down-sizing SVM Transcoding
This paper is supported by the Project for the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61672064, the National Key Research and Development Program of China under Grant No. 2016YFB0901200, the Beijing Natural Science Foundation under Grant No. KZ201610005007, 4172001, the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation under Grants No. 2015M580029, 2016T90022, the Beijing Postdoctoral Research Foundation under Grant No. 2015ZZ-23 and Project supported by Chaoyang District of Beijing Postdoctoral Research Foundation under Grant No. 2016ZZ- 01-15.
- 1.Chen, Y., Tech, G., Wegner, K., Yea, S.: Test model 11 of 3D-HEVC and MV-HEVC. In: Joint Collaborative Team on 3D Video Coding Extensions (JCT-3 V) Document JCT3 V-K1003, 11th Meeting, Geneva, FR, February 2015Google Scholar
- 2.Lu, Z.Y., Siu, W.C., Jia, K.B.: Efficient mode decision for H. 264 down-sizing video transcoding using support vector machines. In: APSIPA ASC 2010-Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Lu, Z.Y., Jia, K.B., Siu, W.C.: Low-complexity intra prediction algorithm for video down-sizing transcoder. In: 2011 Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), Tainan, pp. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Chang, C.-C., Lin, C.-J.: A Library for Support Vector Machines. http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/libsvm/
- 5.Wang, J., Li, L., Zhi, G., et al.: Efficient algorithms for HEVC bitrate transcoding. Multimedia Tools Appl., 1–21 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J., Dai, F., Zhang, Y., et al.: Efficient HEVC to H.264/AVC transcoding with fast intra mode decision. In: Advances in Multimedia Modeling, pp. 295–306. Springer, Heidelberg (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Guang, D., Tao, P., Song, S., et al.: Improved prediction estimation based H.264 to HEVC intra transcoding. In: Advances in Multimedia Information Processing – PCM 2014, pp. 64–73 (2014)Google Scholar