Accelerated vBNN–IBS Authentication Scheme for WSN
Broadcast authentication is the base of network security in WSN (Wireless Sensor Network) due to versatility task and limited energy. The symmetric encryption has been widely used in WSN because of its high energy efficiency, but the network is vulnerable to DoS (Denial of Service) attacks on account of time delay during the authentication. An accelerated signature mechanism AvBNN-IBS (Accelerated vBNN-IBS), focus on the fix-deployed WSN, through the way of mutual cooperation between nodes is put forward in this paper to solve the problems of low calculation speed and complex algorithm of public key encryption mechanisms. Compared with the traditional authentication mechanisms, the scheme proposed could effectively lower the energy consumption and authentication time.
KeywordsDigital signature Accelerated authentication Energy consumption Wireless Sensor Network
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61302074, 61571181, Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. QC2013C061, Modern Sensor Technology Research and Innovation Team Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. 2012TD007, and Postdoctoral Research Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. LBH-Q15121.
- 1.Snasel, V., Kong, L.: Sink node placement strategies based on cat swarm optimization algorithm. J. Netw. Intell. 1(2), 52–60 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, J.-P., Dong, Z.-Q.: Uneven clustering and data transmission strategy for energy hole problem in wireless sensor networks. J. Inf. Hiding Multimedia Signal Process. 8(2), 500–509 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Mansouri, D., Mokdad, L., Ben-othman, J., Ioualalen, M.: Detecting DoS attacks in WSN based on clustering technique. In: 2013 IEEE Wireless Communication and Networking Conference (WCNC), pp. 2214–2219 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Kodali, R.K: Implementation of ECDSA in WSN. In: 2013 International Conference on Control Communication and Computing (ICCC), pp. 310–314 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Saqib, N., Iqbal, U.: Security in wireless sensor networks using ECC. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Advances in Computer Applications (ICACA), pp. 270–274 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Yusof, Y.M., Muzahidul Islam, A.K.M., Baharum, S.: An experimental study of WSN transmission power optimization using MICAz motes. In: 2015 International Conference on Advances in Electrical Engineering (ICAEE), pp. 182–185 (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Lu, X., Cen, J., Zhang, X.: Node state optimization based coverage control algorithm for wireless sensor networks. In: 2014 IEEE 7th Joint International Information Technology and Artificial Intelligence Conference, pp. 163–166 (2014)Google Scholar