Extraction of EEG Components Based on Time - Frequency Blind Source Separation
- 825 Downloads
In order to extract EEG characteristic waves better, this paper adopts the method of combining wavelet transform with time-frequency blind source separation based on smooth pseudo Wigner-Ville distribution. Firstly, the EEG signal is extracted by wavelet transform to reconstruct the β wave band signal and reconstructed as the initial extracted characteristic wave. Then, to remove the other components which are less relevant to get the enhanced beta wave signal, the time-frequency blind source separation technique based on the smooth pseudo-Wigner distribution is used for the initial extracted Target wave. Finally, the features are extracted, and the support vector machine is used to classify and identify the emotional categories. The experimental results show that the recognition rate is improved when the characteristic wave is extracted by using wavelet transform only.
KeywordsEEG Smoothed pseudo Wigner-Ville distribution Emotion recognition β Wavelet transform Blind source separation
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61371193).
- 2.Liang, H., Xiujuan, P., Qian, L.: FECG signal extraction based on multichannel v-SVR combined with TFBSS. Chin. J. Sci. Instrum. 36, 1381–1387 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Xianda, Z.: Modern Signal Processing. Tsinghua University Press, Beijing (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Jing, G.: Algorithms of Blind Sources Separation in Time-Frequency Domains. Chongqing University, Chongqing (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Joint anti-diagonalization for blind source separation: Belouchrani, A., Abed, Meraim, K., Amin, M.G. IEEE Int. Conf. Acoust. Speech Sig. Process. 5, 2789–2792 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Jatupaiboon, N., PanNgum, S., Israsena, P.: Emotion classification using minimal EEG channels and frequency bands (2013)Google Scholar