A Study of the Multi-Organization Integrated Electronic Attendance System
Since 1997, internet-based e-government has been promoted by the Research and Development Review Board of Executive Yuan, R.O.C., and the application of electronic forms is one of the e-government processes. Electronic form system includes integrated document management and files management systems and is integrated with an electronic attendance system as well. In this way, other than merely achieving creating a paperless system, it also reduces the manpower required for paper-form transmission and shortens document delivery time.
This study took Tainan city government and its subordinate organization as the study objects. Owing to the merging of Tainan County and Tainan City a couple of years ago, their old electronic attendance systems were redesigned and reconstructed into a single system. Through this example, this study investigated how to design an electronic attendance system which could integrate various business characteristics.
KeywordsElectronic attendance system Electronic forms Tainan municipal government
This study was supported by a Research Grant, MOST, from Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST 105-2221-E-324-020-).
- 1.Xuezhen, L.: Introduction and Popularization of WebITR System. Personnel Monthly 320 (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Global Information Network of Tainan City Government. http://www.tainan.gov.tw/tainan/department_list.asp
- 3.Zhijun, G.: The Study in the Promotion of the Attendance Electronic Form System of the Taipei Municipal Government Fire Department - Viewpoints Integrating Technology Acceptance and Use with Theories, Master’s Thesis of the Eleventh Master’s Course of Administration, School of Social Science, National Chengchi University, Taipei (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Huiru, C.: Using RFID to Build Access Control and Attendance Management System - Taking the Central Area Vocational Training Center as an Example, Master’s Thesis, Master’s Degree Program in Information Engineering, Asian University, Taichung (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Minhua, W.: The Study of Users’ Satisfaction in Electronic Attendance System - Taking the Kaohsiung Municipal Government Police Station as an Example, Master’s Thesis, Information Management Department, Yoshimori University, Kaohsiung (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Jianming, G.: Integration and Analysis in Using Software Development Mode (SCRUM) to Implement Heterogeneous System: Taking Attendance Integration Process as an Example, Master’s Thesis, Information Engineering Institute, National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi County (2017)Google Scholar