A New Evolutionary Algorithm with Deleting and Jumping Strategies for Global Optimization
For global optimization problems with a large number of local optimal solutions, evolutionary algorithms are efficient parallel algorithms, but they drops into local optimum easily, therefore their efficiency and effectiveness will be much reduced. In this paper, first, a new deleting strategy is proposed that can eliminate all local optimal solutions no better than this obtained local optimal solution. Second, when algorithm drops into a local optimal solution, a new jumping strategy is proposed that can jump out of the current local optimal solution and then find a better local optimal solution. Based on the above, a new algorithm called evolutionary algorithm with deleting and jumping strategies (briefly, EADJ) is proposed, and the algorithm convergence is proved theoretically. The simulations are made on 25 standard benchmark problems, and the results indicate the proposed deleting strategy and jumping strategy are effective; further, the proposed algorithm is compared with some well performed existing algorithms, and the results indicate the proposed algorithm EADJ is more effective and efficient.
KeywordsEvolutionary algorithm Global optimization Deleting strategy Jumping strategy
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. U1404622) and the Cultivation Fund of Xi’an University of Science and Technology (No. 201644).
- 11.Richter, H.: Evolutionary Algorithms and Chaotic Systems (2010). Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG, Heidelberg (2010). ISBN 9783642107061Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, Z., Tang, K., Yao, X.: Self-adaptive differential evolution with neighborhood search. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1110–1116 (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Suganthan, P.N., Hansen, N., Liang, J.J., Deb, K., Chen, Y.P., Auger, A., Tiwari, S: Problem definitions and evaluation criteria for the CEC 2005 special session on real-parameter optimization. Technical report, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Ronkkonen, J., Kukkonen, S., Price, K.V.: Real-parameter optimization with differential evolution. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, pp. 506–513 (2005)Google Scholar
- 18.Auger, A., Hansen, N.: Performance evaluation of an advanced local search evolutionary algorithm. In: IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 2, pp. 1777–1784 (2005)Google Scholar
- 19.Nikolaus, H.: Compilation of results on the CEC benchmark function set (2005). http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/EPNSugan