Development of Congestion State Guiding System for University Cafeteria
We develop a congestion state guide system for a university cafeteria . This system confirms the congestion state of a cafeteria using iBeacon, and displays it on a mobile device in real time. The purpose of this is to stagger cafeteria use and avoid rush hour. We had a field experiment of this system in a cafeteria, and tested the operation of this system. Using this system, students can know how congested a cafeteria is at any place outside the cafeteria, and have a lunch comfortably when it was not crowded.
KeywordsBluetooth low energy iBeacon Congestion state guide University cafeteria Staggered lunch time
The authors would like to thank our colleagues in our laboratory for useful discussions. The experiment of this work was supported in part by NTT DOCOMO, INC.
- 1.Al-Naima, F.M., Ali, R.S., Abid, A.J.: Design of an embedded solar tracking system based on GPS and astronomical equations. Int. J. Inf. Technol. Web Eng. 9(1), 12–30 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Zhou, B., Hsu, J., Wang, Y.: GIS and GPS applications in emerging economies: observation and analysis of a chinese logistics firm. Int. J. Inf. Syst. Soc. Change 1(3), 45–61 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Gao, R., Couch, A., Chang, C.H.: An innovative positioning system with unsynchronized interferometric modulated signals in wireless sensor networks. Int. J. Networked Distrib. Comput. 5(2), 101–112 (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang, Z.: Modeling performance of CSMA/CA with retransmissions in wireless personal area networks. Int. J. Networked Distrib. Comput. 1(2), 97–107 (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Kudou, D., Horikawa, M., Furudate, T., Okamoto, A.: The proposal of indoor positioning system by area estimation using BLE beacon. In: The 78th National Convention of Information Processing Society of Japan (IPSJ), vol. 3, pp. 245–426 (2016) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 6.Ishizuka, H., Kamisaka, D., Kurokawa, M., Watanabe, T., Muramatsu, S., Ono, C.: A fundamental study on a indoor localization method using BLE signals and PDR for a smart phone: Sharing results of exmeriments in open beacon field trial, IEICE (The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers). Technical Report MoNA (Mobile network and applications), vol. 114, no. 31, pp. 133–138 (2014) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 7.Apple Inc.: iBeacon for Developers. https://developer.apple.com/ibeacon/
- 8.Bluetooth SIG: Bluetooth Low Energy. https://www.bluetooth.com/what-is-bluetooth-technology/how-it-works/low-energy
- 9.Radius Networks, Inc.: AltBeacon. http://altbeacon.org/
- 10.Apache Software Foundation: Apache HTTP Sever. https://httpd.apache.org/